Genomes and Genes
Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Organization: Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Prevalence and patient awareness of medical comorbidities in an urban AIDS clinicJeffrey J Weiss
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Infectious Diseases, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:39-48. 2010....
- Perioperative management of oral anticoagulation: when and how to bridgeAndrew Dunn
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 21:85-9. 2006..Postoperative anticoagulation must be used cautiously and patients monitored closely after major surgery due to the risk of postoperative major bleeding...
- Antifibrotic agents for liver diseaseE Albanis
Division of Liver Diseases, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Transplant 6:12-9. 2006..Key issues yet to be clarified include the optimal duration of antifibrotic therapies, endpoints of clinical trials, indications in clinical practice and whether combination therapies might yield synergistic activity...
- Correlates of early postpartum depressive symptomsElizabeth A Howell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York City, New York 10029, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:149-57. 2006..Little research has examined the impact of situational factors such as physical symptom burden and function on early postpartum depressive symptoms...
- High dose intravenous immunoglobulin treatment: mechanisms of actionPeter Boros
Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, PO Box 1504, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Liver Transpl 11:1469-80. 2005..In conclusion, the differences in basic fractionation methods and the addition of various modifications for purification, stabilization, and virus inactivation result in products significantly different from each other...
- Management of the distal radioulnar joint in rheumatoid arthritisSteve K Lee
Hand and Upper Extremity Service, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Hand Clin 21:577-89. 2005..For either procedure, if there is evidence of pre-existing radiocarpal instability, partial or total wrist arthrodesis or arthroplasty should bea concomitant procedure...
- Diagnostic value of tissue harmonic imaging compared with conventional sonographyRobert S Shapiro
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1234, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Comput Biol Med 35:725-33. 2005..5 MHz conventional sonography (p=.0233) and 4.0 MHz conventional sonography (p=.0233). The THI technique produced diagnostic images more frequently than conventional sonography...
- Primary prophylaxis with the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator: the need for improved risk stratificationAnil Gehi
The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
JAMA 294:958-60. 2005
- The spectrum of biopsy sites for the diagnosis of sarcoidosisAlvin S Teirstein
Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 22:139-46. 2005..Clinicians must decide which site offers the best chance of achieving a diagnostic biopsy with the least patient risk and discomfort...
- When critical illness becomes chronic: informational needs of patients and familiesJudith E Nelson
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Crit Care 20:79-89. 2005..In this qualitative study, we investigated what information is relevant and important for clinician-patient/family communication when critical illness becomes chronic, as indicated by tracheotomy for prolonged mechanical ventilation...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in type 1 Gaucher disease: a case report with review of the literatureRuliang Xu
Lillian and Henry M Stratton Hans Popper Department of Pathology, Division of Hepatopathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Semin Liver Dis 25:226-9. 2005
- Safety of using hepatitis B virus core antibody or surface antigen-positive donors in kidney or pancreas transplantationEnver Akalin
Nephrology Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Clin Transplant 19:364-6. 2005..These results suggest that HBcAb(+) or HBsAg(+) organs can be used safely in selected recipients with lamivudine prophylaxis without requiring hepatitis B immunglobulin...
- Feasibility and potential clinical utility of goal-directed transthoracic echocardiography performed by noncardiologist intensivists using a small hand-carried device (SonoHeart) in critically ill patientsAnthony R Manasia
Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Department of Surgery, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 19:155-9. 2005..This study was designed to assess the clinical applicability of a small, handheld, portable transthoracic echocardiography device by noncardiologist intensivists...
- Oral glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity are unaffected by HIV infection or antiretroviral therapy in overweight womenAnn Danoff
Harbor Health Care Manhattan, VAH and New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10010, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 39:55-62. 2005..To assess the frequency of diabetes, prediabetes, and insulin resistance among a subset of participants in the Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS)...
- Air embolism during sigmoidoscopy confirmed by transesophageal echocardiographyAlexander J C Mittnacht
Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1010, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:387-9. 2006
- Base of skull chordomas in children and adolescents: a clinicopathologic study of 73 casesBenjamin L Hoch
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:811-8. 2006..Overall, base of skull chordomas in children and adolescents treated with proton beam radiation have better survival than chordomas in adults. However, poorly differentiated chordomas are highly aggressive tumors...
- A comparative study of 200 fine needle aspiration biopsies performed by clinicians and cytopathologistsMaoxin Wu
Department of Pathology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Laryngoscope 116:1212-5. 2006..0002134, two-tailed t-test). FNA provides valuable information in the workup of suspicious head and neck masses. Cytopathologists may achieve significantly better results...
- Immune response modifiers and cutaneous neoplasiaJames M Spencer
Mt Sinai Hospital, New York, NY 10029, USA
Postgrad Med 112:17-21. 2002..However, there is a significant morbidity from these tumors, making skin cancer a major public health problem...
- Is depression after an acute coronary syndrome simply a marker of known prognostic factors for mortality?Ian M Kronish
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1087, New York, NY 10029, USA
Psychosom Med 71:697-703. 2009....
- Spontaneous coronary artery dissection: case series and reviewMazullah Kamran
Sinai Medical Center, The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, The Mt Sinai Medical Center, Box 1030, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 20:553-9. 2008..We present a series of patients with spontaneous coronary artery dissection at our institution. The etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of patients with coronary dissection are reviewed...
- Anesthetic considerations in the patient with valvular heart disease undergoing noncardiac surgeryAlexander Jc Mittnacht
Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 12:33-59. 2008..The pharmacological approach to optimization of patient outcome with drugs, such as betablockers and lipid-lowering medications (statins), is an evolving field, and recent developments are discussed in this article...
- Reexpansion pulmonary edemaSteven M Neustein
Department of Anesthesiology, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 21:887-91. 2007
- Neoplastic precursor lesions related to the development of cancer in inflammatory bowel diseaseNoam Harpaz
Division of Gastrointestinal Pathology, Department of Pathology, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 36:901-26, vii-viii. 2007..Technical enhancements to conventional endoscopy hold promise of improved efficiency and accuracy. Molecular-based testing may have a future role for risk stratification and early detection of neoplasia in inflammatory bowel disease...
- Brachytherapy for the treatment of prostate cancerJamie A Cesaretti
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, James J Peters VA Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Cancer J 13:302-12. 2007....
- Perioperative interventions to modify risk of morbidity and mortalityDavid L Reich
Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 11:224-30. 2007..This article summarizes several areas (eg, perioperative betablockade, glucose management, and perioperative hemodynamics) that have been addressed in well-designed clinical trials...
- Recognizing and managing fibromuscular dysplasiaJeffrey W Olin
The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute and Marie Josee and Henry R Kravis Center for Cardiovascular Health, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:273-4, 277-82. 2007..Patients with fibromuscular dysplasia of the internal carotid artery should also be treated with angioplasty if they develop focal neurologic symptoms such as a transient ischemic attack or stroke...
- Atherothrombosis: role of tissue factor; link between diabetes, obesity and inflammationP Meerarani
Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute and The Marie Jose and Henry R Kravis Cardiovascular Health Center, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, 10029 NY, USA
Indian J Exp Biol 45:103-10. 2007..Therapeutic strategies have been developed to specifically interfere with TF activity in the treatment of cardiovascular disease...
- A practical physicians' guide to the Medicare drug benefit planAlex D Federman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York 10029, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:1217-21. 2006..This may, in turn, reduce beneficiaries' out-of-pocket prescription costs, thereby improving patients' access to medications and possibly their medication adherence and health outcomes as well...
- Changing the patterns of failure for high-risk prostate cancer patients by optimizing local controlRichard G Stock
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:389-94. 2006....
- Emerging technology: flexible CO2 laser WaveGuideAdam S Jacobson
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 135:469-70. 2006
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomyMichael D Stifelman
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
JSLS 9:83-6. 2005..Herein, we describe our technique of robot-assisted laparoscopic partial nephrectomy. This approach may have potential advantages of including easier excision and suturing. Moderate training is required...
- Evidence based coagulation monitors: heparin monitoring, thromboelastography, and platelet functionLinda Shore-Lesserson
Department of Anesthesiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 9:41-52. 2005..This article reviews the evidence supporting the use of point-of-care monitors in coagulation and hemostasis management in cardiac surgical patients...
- Endovascular aortic biopsy in the diagnosis of takayasu arteritisNicholas J Morrissey
Department of Surgery, The Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Endovasc Ther 10:136-40. 2003..To use a minimally invasive approach to obtain biopsy specimens of the aorta to confirm the diagnosis of Takayasu arteritis and formulate a therapeutic plan...
- Effects of a supportive-expressive group intervention on long-term psychosocial adjustment in HIV-infected gay menJeffrey J Weiss
Helen Dowling Institute for Biopsychosocial Medicine, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychother Psychosom 72:132-40. 2003..This study compared the effects of a supportive-expressive group intervention (GI) with an educational control condition (EC) on long-term psychosocial adjustment in gay men with HIV infection...
- What will replace the mercury sphygmomanometer?Thomas G Pickering
Integrative and Behavioral Cardiovascular Health Program, Zena and Michael A Wiener, Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, USA
Blood Press Monit 8:23-5. 2003....
- Is sildenafil failure in men after radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP) due to arterial disease? Penile duplex Doppler findings in 174 men after RRPA McCullough
Department of Urology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Int J Impot Res 14:462-5. 2002..Sildenafil refractory erectile dysfunction after RRP in men without PED is not predominantly associated with penile Doppler parameters consistent with arterial insufficiency...
- What is the white-coat effect and how should it be measured?Thomas G Pickering
Integrative and Behavioral Cardiovascular Health Program, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Blood Press Monit 7:293-300. 2002..It is diminished but not obliterated by drug treatment. It is not closely related to overall blood pressure variability, and does not predict cardiovascular risk. The white coat effect appears to be idiosyncratic to the clinic setting...
- A reassessment of carotid endarterectomy in the face of contralateral carotid occlusion: surgical results in symptomatic and asymptomatic patientsCaron B Rockman
Division of Vascular Surgery, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Vasc Surg 36:668-73. 2002....
- A pilot project to study the use of ultrasonography for teaching physical examination to medical studentsRobert S Shapiro
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Box 1234, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Comput Biol Med 32:403-9. 2002..Grading of ultrasound exams performed during the first clinical week averaged 4.1, improving to 4.5 at the end of the project. An exit survey indicated a favorable response to using ultrasound as an educational tool...
- Intracortical osteosarcoma; two-year delay in diagnosisG Hermann
Department of Radiology, Box 1234, The Mount Sinai NYU Medical Center, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA george
Skeletal Radiol 31:592-6. 2002..We describe an 11-year-old patient with intracortical osteosarcoma of the tibia in whom the tumor was present for 2 years and became painful 3 months prior to presentation...
- Hip fracture in the older patient: reasons for delay in hospitalization and timing of surgical repairGretchen M Orosz
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1336-40. 2002....
- Effect of abuse on health: results of a national surveyAngela Diaz
Department of Pediatrics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10128, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:811-7. 2002..The magnitude of risk would be highest for those reporting both types of abuse compared with those reporting 1 type or none...
- Principles and techniques of blood pressure measurementThomas G Pickering
Integrative and Behavioral Cardiovascular Health Program, Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Cardiol Clin 20:207-23. 2002..In obese subjects it is important to use a cuff of the correct size...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Right and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction in hypertrophic cardiomyopathySagar N Doshi
Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory of the Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Circulation 106:e3-4. 2002
- MR cholangiography in the evaluation of neonatal cholestasis: initial resultsKaren I Norton
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave L Levy Pl, Box 1234, New York, NY 10029, USA
Radiology 222:687-91. 2002....
- Contemporary awareness and understanding of cholesterol as a risk factor: results of an American Heart Association national surveyIra S Nash
The Zena and Michael A Wiener Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:1597-600. 2003..Public awareness and understanding of risk factors for atherosclerotic vascular disease are essential for successful primary and secondary prevention. The American Heart Association is committed to reducing cardiovascular disease...
- Intermittent opening of a mitral valve tilting disc prosthesis 23 years after implantation caused by circumferential pannusS N Doshi
Heart 89:1049. 2003
- Adolescent abortion: trends and techniquesPamela I Ludmer
Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, 320 East 94th Street, New York, NY 10128, USA
Curr Womens Health Rep 3:438-44. 2003..Adolescents undergo the same methods of abortion as adults; however, they have unique psychosocial needs, such as parental involvement and the prevention of future unwanted pregnancies, which should be assessed...
- Normalization of high pulmonary vascular resistance with LVAD support in heart transplantation candidatesSacha P Salzberg
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 27:222-5. 2005..The role of continuous flow left ventricular assist device (LVAD) support in the reduction of elevated PVR was evaluated in a series of clinical implants...
- Liver tumors in childrenSukru Emre
Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:632-8. 2004..The therapy of these tumors has evolved over time and it currently involves a combination of surgery, adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy and possible transplantation...
- Plaque neovascularization is increased in ruptured atherosclerotic lesions of human aorta: implications for plaque vulnerabilityPedro R Moreno
Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1030, New York, NY 10029, USA
Circulation 110:2032-8. 2004..Accordingly, we tested this hypothesis by investigating whether microvessels in the tunica media, the base of the plaque, and the fibrous cap are increased in ruptured atherosclerotic plaques in human aorta...
- The role of aortic stent grafting in the treatment of atheromatous embolization syndrome: results after a mean of 15 months follow-upAlfio Carroccio
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:424-9. 2004..This study reviews an experience with stent grafts to treat patients with AAA and atheromatous embolization syndrome (AES) presenting with chronic distal embolization (CDE)...
- Adverse effects of screening mammographyStephen A Feig
Department of Radiology, The Mount Sinai Hospital, 1 Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 42:807-19, v. 2004..Anxiety before screening or resulting from supplementary imaging work-up, short-term follow-up, cyst aspiration, and biopsy has not dampened the enthusiasm of most women for the value of early detection...
- Unilateral stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus in Parkinson disease: a double-blind 12-month evaluation studyIsabelle M Germano
Department of Neurosurgery, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
J Neurosurg 101:36-42. 2004..Nevertheless, bilateral surgical procedures can be associated with frequent and severe complications. The aim in the present study was to assess the safety and efficacy of unilateral STN stimulation, and the need for a second procedure...
- CHIP: new opportunities in adolescent health care deliveryAngela Diaz
Divison of Adolescent Medicine Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, Department of Pediatrics, New York, NY, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 71:186-90. 2004..CHIP provides a critical opportunity for policy-makers and health care providers to further improve adolescent health care and to more fully integrate adolescents into the health care system...
- Foster children with special needs: The Children's Aid Society experienceAngela Diaz
Division of Adolescent Medicine Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, Department of Pediatrics, 320 East 94th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10128, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 71:166-9. 2004....
- Reducing resident work hours: unproven assumptions and unforeseen outcomesMitchell Charap
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:814-5. 2004
- The relationship between age and the self-report of health symptoms in persons with traumatic brain injurySabrina T Breed
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:S61-7. 2004..To examine the impact of age on health problems related to traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Drug-induced liver injury associated with the use of nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitorsDouglas T Dieterich
Department of Medicine, Mt Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York 10029, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:S80-9. 2004..3% of nevirapine-treated patients) of these elevations were asymptomatic. Symptomatic hepatic events were seen in 4.9% (3.2%-8.9%) of nevirapine-treated patients...
- Obstetric patient satisfaction: asking patients what they likeElizabeth A Howell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:175-82. 2004....
- Osteoblastoma like osteosarcomaG Hermann
Department of Radiology, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Clin Radiol 59:105-8. 2004
- Management of hemorrhagic strokeStanley Tuhrim
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 4:158-63. 2002..Innovative medical and surgical therapeutic approaches hold promise for improved treatment in the future, but prevention is the key for reducing morbidity in the short term...
- Trefoil Factors in GI Cancer BiologySteven H Itzkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of these studies could provide insights into novel treatment strategies for gastrointestinal malignancies. ..
- Trefoil Factors in GI Cancer BiologySteven Itzkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of these studies could provide insights into novel treatment strategies for gastrointestinal malignancies. ..
- TFF3 GENE EXPRESSION IN METASTATIC COLON CANCERSteven Itzkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2001..The use of the TFF3 gene to drive expression of suicide genes offers a novel approach which should result in more targetted, safer gene therapy for metastatic colon cancer. ..
- Trefoil Factors in GI Cancer BiologySteven Itzkowitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these studies could provide insights into novel treatment strategies for gastrointestinal malignancies. ..
- Determinants of Medication Adherence in HIV-Infected Adults with HypertensionJeffrey J Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cervical, Anal, and Oral HPV Persistence and Risk Factors Among Adolescent GirlsAngela Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Adolescent Disclosure of Abuse In Primary Care SettingsAngela Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the training opportunity would enable Dr. Diaz to acquire mentored research skills to enhance the health and well- 0being of abused adolescents, and learn how to assess abuse and diagnose its effects. ..
- Cervical, Anal, and Oral HPV Persistence and Risk Factors Among Adolescent GirlsAngela Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cervical, Anal, and Oral HPV Persistence and Risk Factors Among Adolescent GirlsAngela Diaz; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Adherence to HCV Treatment in HCV and HCV/HIV PatientsJeffrey Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings of this study will have important implications for the development of interventions to support and assist HCV and HCV/HIV patients in completing their course of PEG-IFN/RBV treatment. ..
- Preventing Neoplastic Progression in Ulcerative ColitisThomas Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MRFASS--MINORITIES, RISK FACTOR AND STROKE STUDYStanley Tuhrim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Stroke-free survival rates will be estimated for each ethnic group and the independent determinants of recurrence will be identified with multivariate statistical techniques. ..
- Medication Adherence in Depressed Coronary PatientsDonald Haas; Fiscal Year: 2003..Beyond investigating the depression-ACS relation, determining whether depressed coronary patients are less adherent with medications may identify a high-risk clinical population in whom intervention may be warranted. ..
- Health Insurance Navigators for the Low-Income ElderlyAlex Federman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The career development plan includes didactic courses, expert advising, and mentored research to develop skills in qualitative and survey research methods, and to expand the candidate's clinical geriatrics knowledge base. ..
- A High Field (7T) Whole Body MR Research SystemJOSEPH HELPERN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The 7 Tesla system requested here, will be used to support several PHS supported investigators from NYUMC and its collaborative institutions. ..
- Gene Transfer of Hematopoietic Stem CellsChristopher Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..Information obtained from the planned studies will provide a better understanding of abnormal hematopoiesis in FA and better define therapeutic strategies important for designing future human clinical trials. ..
- Gene Therapy for the HemophiliasChristopher Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Each method will be optimized and in AAV vectors for FVIII production and tested in vivo using immunodeficient and FVIII knockout mice and hemophilic A canines. ..
- Quantitative MRI of Iron Homeostasis, Atrophy and Tissue Structure in AD BrainJOSEPH HELPERN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Given the incidence of neurodegenerative disease, the potential impact of this study is considerable. ..