Karl B Fields
Affiliation: Moses Cone Health System
- Running injuries - changing trends and demographicsKarl B Fields
Cone Health Sports Medicine Fellowship, Greensboro, NC, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 10:299-303. 2011....
- Basic biomechanics of the lower extremityKarl B Fields
Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital, 1200 N Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27401, USA
Prim Care 32:245-51. 2005..These activities form the basis for much of sports activity. Understanding human movement allows the physician to prescribe appropriate prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation to patients...
- Prevention of running injuriesKarl B Fields
Moses Cone Family Medicine Center, Greensboro, NC 27401, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 9:176-82. 2010..Additional research is needed to determine whether interventions to address any of these will help prevent running injury...
- Presence of automated external defibrillators in North Carolina public middle schoolsKarl B Fields
Moses Cone Sports Medicine Center, 1131 C N Church St, Greensboro, NC 27401, USA
N C Med J 72:272-6. 2011..All public high schools in North Carolina have an AED. However, the number of North Carolina public middle schools with an AED is unknown...
- Peripheral nerve entrapment and injury in the upper extremitySara Neal
Moses Cone Health System, Greensboro, NC 27401, USA
Am Fam Physician 81:147-55. 2010..Recovery is faster if the repetitive activities that exacerbate the injury can be decreased or ceased. Initial treatment for many nerve injuries is nonsurgical...
- Hypertension in the athleteThomas Sachtleben
Moses Cone Health Systems, 1125 Church Street, Greensboro, NC 27401, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 2:79-83. 2003..Nonpharmacologic measures and the use of customary antihypertensives in athletes is essential. However, knowledge of side-effect profiles and possible negative effects on exercise tolerance guide appropriate medication choices...
- Evidence-based treatment of hamstring tearsSpencer T Copland
Moses H Cone Sports Medicine Fellowship and Family Medicine Residency, Moses Cone Health System, Greensboro, NC, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 8:308-14. 2009..Most do not provide a level of evidence greater than expert opinion...