Felise B Milan
Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- A model for educational feedback based on clinical communication skills strategies: beyond the "feedback sandwich"Felise B Milan
Residency Program in Social Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:42-7. 2006..There are strong analogies between the provision of educational feedback and doctor-patient communication during the clinical encounter...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine in inner-city persons with or at risk for HIV infectionFelise B Milan
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10467, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 22:811-6. 2008..CAM use among persons with or at risk for HIV infection due to drug use or high-risk heterosexual behaviors is common, and is used almost exclusively as an adjunct and not an alternative to conventional health care...
- "How am I doing?" Teaching medical students to elicit feedback during their clerkshipsFelise B Milan
Gottesman Clinical Skills Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Van Etten Building, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Med Teach 33:904-10. 2011..This study seeks to explore formative feedback during clerkships from the student perspective and to determine whether a modest intervention aimed at students can impact their attitudes or behavior regarding feedback interactions...
- Teaching clinical skills through videotape review: a randomized trial of group versus individual reviewsSharon J Parish
Department of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Teach Learn Med 18:92-8. 2006..Video review is a valuable educational tool for teaching communication skills. Many studies have demonstrated its efficacy with individual learners, but few studies have addressed its use in a group format...
- Teaching medical students how to use interpreters: a three year experienceMimi McEvoy
Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Med Educ Online 14:12. 2009..Skills practice and discussion of using interpreters should be a part of medical education...
- Who's misbehaving? Perceptions of unprofessional social media use by medical students and facultyElizabeth A Kitsis
Departments of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10461, USA
BMC Med Educ 16:67. 2016....