Affiliation: Montefiore Medical Center
- Radionuclide imaging of inflammation and infection in the acute care settingCharito Love
Department of Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Semin Nucl Med 43:102-13. 2013..Fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose imaging also shows promise in inflammatory bowel disease...
- The evolution of nuclear medicine and the musculoskeletal systemChristopher J Palestro
Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, NY, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 47:505-32. 2009..Initially synonymous with bone scanning, radionuclide evaluation of musculoskeletal disorders now includes gallium, labeled leukocytes, FDG, and fluourine-18, indications and applications of which are reviewed...
- Nuclear medicine and diabetic foot infectionsChristopher J Palestro
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 11040, USA
Semin Nucl Med 39:52-65. 2009..Data on (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and positron emission tomography/computed tomography are limited and inconclusive, and further investigation is needed...
- Decreased sensitivity of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose imaging in infection and inflammationChristopher J Palestro
Department of Radiology, Hofstra North Shore LIJ School of Medicine, Hempstead, NY, USA
Semin Nucl Med 42:261-6. 2012..In general, the limiting factor of the test is specificity. However, there are some situations in which the limitation to the test is not low specificity but rather low sensitivity...
- Diagnostic imaging tests and microbial infectionsChristopher J Palestro
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY, USA
Cell Microbiol 9:2323-33. 2007..It must be noted, however, that none of the current morphological or functional tests, either alone or in combination, are specific for infection and the goal of finding such an imaging test remains elusive...