J L Masferrer
Affiliation: Monsanto Company
- Antiangiogenic and antitumor activities of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitorsJ L Masferrer
GD Searle Monsanto Company, St Louis, Missouri 63167, USA
Cancer Res 60:1306-11. 2000..The ability of celecoxib to block angiogenesis and suppress tumor growth suggests a novel application of this anti-inflammatory drug in the treatment of human cancer...
- COX-2 inhibitors. A new class of antiangiogenic agentsJ L Masferrer
Discovery Pharmacology and Analytical Sciences Center, G D Searle Monsanto Company, St Louis, Missouri 63167, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 889:84-6. 1999..This novel antiangiogenic activity of COX-2 inhibitors indicates their potential therapeutic utility in several types of cancer...
- Dual inhibition of nitric oxide and prostaglandin production contributes to the antiinflammatory properties of nitric oxide synthase inhibitorsD Salvemini
G D Searle Co, St Louis, Missouri 63167, USA
J Clin Invest 96:301-8. 1995....
- Characterization of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) during tumorigenesis in human epithelial cancers: evidence for potential clinical utility of COX-2 inhibitors in epithelial cancersA T Koki
Pharmacia Corporation, 700 Chesterfield Pkway N, BB3K, St Louis, MO 63198, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 66:13-8. 2002..These data collectively imply COX-2 may play an important role during premalignant hyperproliferation, as well as the later stages of invasive carcinoma and metastasis in various human epithelial cancers...
- Regulation of prostaglandin production by nitric oxide; an in vivo analysisD Salvemini
G D Searle, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Louis, MO 63167, USA
Br J Pharmacol 114:1171-8. 1995....
- Pharmacological analysis of cyclooxygenase-1 in inflammationC J Smith
Searle Research and Development, 700 Chesterfield Parkway North, St Louis, MO 63198, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:13313-8. 1998..These results suggest that, in addition to the role of peripherally produced PGs, there is a critical, centrally mediated neurological component to inflammatory pain that is mediated at least in part by COX-2...