Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Gene expression profiling and correlation with outcome in clinical trials of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomibGeorge Mulligan
Clinical Research Translational Medicine, Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc, 40 Landsdowne Street, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Blood 109:3177-88. 2007..Informative gene expression data and genomic classifiers that predict clinical outcome can be derived from prospective clinical trials of new anticancer agents...
- Sequence analysis of β-subunit genes of the 20S proteasome in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma treated with bortezomib or dexamethasoneDavid I Lichter
Millennium Pharmaceuticals, 35 Landsdowne St, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Blood 120:4513-6. 2012....
- An historic perspective of proteasome inhibitionDixie Lee Esseltine
Oncology Clinical Research, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Semin Hematol 49:196-206. 2012..We describe the development of bortezomib and the elucidation of the effects of its novel mechanism of action, and place the cutting-edge work described elsewhere in this issue in the context of these historic developments...
- Survival of genetic subtypes of relapsed myeloma may be modulated by secondary eventsWee J Chng
Blood 109:3610-1. 2007
- Molecular dissection of hyperdiploid multiple myeloma by gene expression profilingWee J Chng
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Cancer Res 67:2982-9. 2007..Furthermore, the signatures that defined these clusters may provide a basis for tailoring treatment to individual patients...
- Promiscuous mutations activate the noncanonical NF-kappaB pathway in multiple myelomaJonathan J Keats
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Cancer Cell 12:131-44. 2007..These results highlight the critical importance of the NF-kappaB pathway in the pathogenesis of multiple myeloma...
- The centrosome index is a powerful prognostic marker in myeloma and identifies a cohort of patients that might benefit from aurora kinase inhibitionWee J Chng
Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 111:1603-9. 2008..Human myeloma cell lines with higher CI are more responsive to treatment with a novel aurora kinase inhibitor. Aurora kinase may represent novel therapeutic targets in these patients with very poor prognosis...
- High-risk myeloma: a gene expression based risk-stratification model for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma treated with high-dose therapy is predictive of outcome in relapsed disease treated with single-agent bortezomib or high-dose dexamethasoneFenghuang Zhan
Blood 111:968-9. 2008