David J Solomon
Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Global Ratings of Student Performance in a Standardized Patient Examination: Is the Whole More than the Sum of the Parts?David J Solomon
Michigan State University, A 217 E Fee Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA E mail
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 5:131-140. 2000..These results suggest global ratings by faculty observers and possibly SPs can provide unique and useful information in these performance-based examinations...
- Open access versus subscription journals: a comparison of scientific impactBo Christer Björk
HANKEN School of Economics, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Med 10:73. 2012..Our aim was to inform this debate by comparing the scientific impact of OA journals with subscription journals, controlling for journal age, the country of the publisher, discipline and (for OA publishers) their business model...
- The rating reliability calculatorDavid J Solomon
Office of Medical Education Research and Development and the Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
BMC Med Res Methodol 4:11. 2004..This paper describes an easy-to-use Web-based utility for estimating the reliability of ratings based on incomplete data using Ebel's algorithm...
- Using a formative simulated patient exercise for curriculum evaluationDavid J Solomon
Office of Medical Education Research and Development and the Department of Medicine, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
BMC Med Educ 4:8. 2004....
- A randomized trial comparing digital and live lecture formats [ISRCTN40455708David J Solomon
Office of Medical Education Research and Development and the Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA
BMC Med Educ 4:27. 2004..Students' perceptions of the digital lecture format and their opinion as whether a digital lecture format could serve as an adequate replacement for live lectures was also assessed...
- Sources of measurement error in an ECG examination: implications for performance-based assessmentsDavid J Solomon
Michigan State University, E Lansing, MI 48823, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 9:283-90. 2004..To assess the sources of measurement error in an electrocardiogram (ECG) interpretation examination given in a third-year internal medicine clerkship...