Affiliation: Michigan State University
- Do tissue levels of autoantigenic aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase predict clinical disease?Michael A Kron
Institute of International Health, Colleges of Osteopathic and Human Medicine, B 301 West Fee Hall, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Med Hypotheses 65:1124-7. 2005..Thus, the local abundance of an endogenous pro-inflammatory autoantigen may provide one explanation for perpetuation or exacerbation of tissue specific immune-mediated pathologies...
- Expression, localization and alternative function of cytoplasmic asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase in Brugia malayiMichael Kron
Department of Medicine, Michigan State University, B323 Life Science Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 129:33-9. 2003..These data support the hypothesis that all AARS are not equally expressed in B. malayi and that these enzymes may demonstrate important alternative functions in filaria...
- Synthesis and activity of substituted anthraquinones against a human filarial parasite, Brugia malayiMugunthu R Dhananjeyan
Bioactive Natural Products and Phytoceuticals, Department of Horticulture and National Food Safety and Toxicology Center, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Med Chem 48:2822-30. 2005..Methylated products of anthraquinones did not affect the microfilaria. Histological examination of treated adult female parasites showed most of the anthraquinones caused marked effects on intrauterine embryos...
- Discovering new classes of Brugia malayi asparaginyl-tRNA synthetase inhibitors and relating specificity to conformational changeSai Chetan K Sukuru
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, 502C Biochemistry Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Comput Aided Mol Des 20:159-78. 2006..Combining ROCK and SLIDE provides a promising approach for exploiting conformational flexibility in structure-based screening and design of species selective inhibitors...
- Using structural analysis to generate parasite-selective monoclonal antibodiesMichael A Kron
Department of Medicine, Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Protein Sci 17:983-9. 2008..These results support the success of structural modeling to choose peptides for raising selective antibodies that bind to the native protein...