Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- The heart rate-corrected QT interval of conscious beagle dogs: a formula based on analysis of covarianceS Spence
Department of Safety Assessment, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Toxicol Sci 45:247-58. 1998....
- Effects of VLA-4 antagonists in rat whole embryo cultureStan Spence
Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Merck Research Labs, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Teratology 65:26-37. 2002..Although gene knockout phenotypes are not always manifested by pharmacological antagonism, those studies suggested that VLA-4 antagonists might cause embryo-lethality or drug-induced malformations...
- The Dutch-Belted rabbit: an alternative breed for developmental toxicity testingStan Spence
Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Safety Assessment Operations, Merck Research Laboratories WP45 118, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 68:439-48. 2003..Historical control data play a crucial role in the interpretation of observations made from developmental and reproductive toxicity studies...
- Teratogenic effects of the endothelin receptor antagonist L-753,037 in the ratS Spence
Department of Safety Assessment, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Reprod Toxicol 13:15-29. 1999..The phenotype observed suggests that ET(A) receptor antagonism may have specific effects on cranial neural crest cell migration and/or proliferation...
- Use of metabonomics to identify impaired fatty acid metabolism as the mechanism of a drug-induced toxicityRussell J Mortishire-Smith
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, The Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, Harlow, Essex CM20 2QR, United Kingdom
Chem Res Toxicol 17:165-73. 2004..The successful application of metabonomics to characterize an otherwise ill-defined mechanism of drug-induced toxicity supports the practicality of this approach for resolving toxicity issues for drugs in discovery and development...
- An alternative Alcian Blue dye variant for the evaluation of fetal cartilageBrian G Redfern
Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology, Safety Assessment, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 80:171-6. 2007..However, the global supply of this specific dye has been exhausted. Several forms of the dye marketed as Alcian Blue 8GX are now available, although they are not synthesized via the original 8GX manufacturing process...
- Assessment of female and male fertility in Sprague-Dawley rats administered vorinostat, a histone deacetylase inhibitorL David Wise
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 83:19-26. 2008..These compounds are now marketed or are in clinical development. One such HDAC inhibitor, vorinostat (suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid [SAHA], Zolinza), was assessed for its potential effects on fertility in Sprague-Dawley rats...