Genomes and Genes
Pek Yee Lum
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Parallel analysis of tagged deletion mutants efficiently identifies genes involved in endoplasmic reticulum biogenesisRobin Wright
University of Minnesota, Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, 321 Church Street, 6 160 Jackson Hall, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Yeast 20:881-92. 2003....
- Discovering modes of action for therapeutic compounds using a genome-wide screen of yeast heterozygotesPek Yee Lum
Rosetta Inpharmatics LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co, Inc, 12040 115th Avenue NE, Kirkland, WA 98034, USA
Cell 116:121-37. 2004....
- From drug to protein: using yeast genetics for high-throughput target discoveryChristopher D Armour
Rosetta Inpharmatics LLC, Merck and Co, Inc, 401 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Curr Opin Chem Biol 9:20-4. 2005..Several recent studies describing the use of yeast genetics for high-throughput drug target identification are discussed in this review...
- Elucidating the murine brain transcriptional network in a segregating mouse population to identify core functional modules for obesity and diabetesPek Yee Lum
Rosetta Inpharmatics, LLC, Merck and Co, Inc, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Neurochem 97:50-62. 2006..We identify core functional modules making up the brain transcriptional network in mice that are coherent for core biological processes associated with metabolic disease traits including obesity and diabetes...
- Variations in DNA elucidate molecular networks that cause diseaseYanqing Chen
Rosetta Inpharmatics, LLC, Merck and Co, Inc, 401 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Nature 452:429-35. 2008..Our analysis provides direct experimental support that complex traits such as obesity are emergent properties of molecular networks that are modulated by complex genetic loci and environmental factors...
- Gene expression profiling of rat liver reveals a mechanistic basis for ritonavir-induced hyperlipidemiaPek Yee Lum
Rosetta Inpharmatics LLC, 401 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Genomics 90:464-73. 2007....
- Identification and validation of genes affecting aortic lesions in miceXia Yang
Department of Molecular Profiling, Rosetta Inpharmactics LLC, a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Merck and Co Inc, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2414-22. 2010..Our findings therefore validate the ability of causality testing procedures to provide insights into the mechanisms underlying atherosclerosis development...
- Systems analysis of eleven rodent disease models reveals an inflammatome signature and key driversI Ming Wang
Informatics and Analysis, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Mol Syst Biol 8:594. 2012..The identification of this inflammatome signature, its network architecture, and key drivers not only highlights the shared etiology but also pinpoints potential targets for intervention of various common diseases...
- Integrating QTL and high-density SNP analyses in mice to identify Insig2 as a susceptibility gene for plasma cholesterol levelsAlessandra C Cervino
Rosetta Inpharmatics, LLC, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Genomics 86:505-17. 2005....
- An integrative genomics approach to infer causal associations between gene expression and diseaseEric E Schadt
Rosetta Inpharmatics, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Nat Genet 37:710-7. 2005..We also demonstrate the utility of this approach by identifying and experimentally validating the involvement of three new genes in susceptibility to obesity...
- Genomics and cardiovascular drug developmentAndrew S Plump
Cardiovascular Diseases, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1089-100. 2009..The focus of the present review is the application of genomics to the development of novel atherosclerosis therapies...
- Systematic genetic and genomic analysis of cytochrome P450 enzyme activities in human liverXia Yang
Rosetta Inpharmatics, LLC, Merck and Co, Inc, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genome Res 20:1020-36. 2010..This systematic survey provides a comprehensive view of the functionality, genetic control, and interactions of P450s...
- Diurnal variation of the human adipose transcriptome and the link to metabolic diseaseAndrey Loboda
Rosetta Inpharmatics, LLC A wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co, Inc, 401 Terry Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
BMC Med Genomics 2:7. 2009..Circadian (diurnal) rhythm is an integral part of the physiology of the body; specifically, sleep, feeding behavior and metabolism are tightly linked to the light-dark cycle dictated by earth's rotation...
- Integrating genotypic and expression data in a segregating mouse population to identify 5-lipoxygenase as a susceptibility gene for obesity and bone traitsMargarete Mehrabian
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
Nat Genet 37:1224-33. 2005....