Adam C Finnefrock
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- HIV type 1 vaccines for worldwide use: predicting in-clade and cross-clade breadth of immune responsesAdam C Finnefrock
Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1283-92. 2007..For more diverse proteins, adding a second strain can add a significant increase in breadth, although for three or more strains the intrinsic diversity of the protein leads to diminishing improvement...
- PD-1 blockade in rhesus macaques: impact on chronic infection and prophylactic vaccinationAdam C Finnefrock
Vaccine Basic Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Immunol 182:980-7. 2009..05) increase in the peak percentage of T cells specific for the CM9 Gag epitope. These new results on PD-1 blockade in nonhuman primates point to a broader role for PD-1 immunomodulation and to potential applications in humans...
- Attenuation of simian immunodeficiency virus SIVmac239 infection by prophylactic immunization with dna and recombinant adenoviral vaccine vectors expressing GagDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Vaccines and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Virol 79:15547-55. 2005..However, virus control was short-lived, and indications of viral escape were evident as early as 6 months postinfection. The implications of these results in vaccine design and clinical testing are discussed...
- Pentameric complex of viral glycoprotein H is the primary target for potent neutralization by a human cytomegalovirus vaccineDaniel C Freed
Department of Vaccines Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E4997-5005. 2013..Importantly, potent neutralizing mAbs reacted to the pentameric gH complex but not to gB. Thus, the pentameric gH complex is the primary target for antiviral antibodies by vaccination. ..
- Restoration of viral epithelial tropism improves immunogenicity in rabbits and rhesus macaques for a whole virion vaccine of human cytomegalovirusTong Ming Fu
Department of Vaccines Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, United States
Vaccine 30:7469-74. 2012....
- Enhanced in vivo transgene expression and immunogenicity from plasmid vectors following electrostimulation in rodents and primatesAdam J Simon
Department of Alzheimer s Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Vaccine 26:5202-9. 2008..Compared to an efficient viral Ad5 vector system, the gene expression levels of DNA+electrostimulation were surprisingly within a factor of four of the viral delivery system...
- Quantitative analysis of neutralizing antibody response to human cytomegalovirus in natural infectionDai Wang
Department of Vaccine Research, Merck Research Laboratories, WP16 200, 770 Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, United States
Vaccine 29:9075-80. 2011..The serum neutralizing activities were maintained at high levels throughout the child bearing age. The corresponding titers may serve as a biomarker for CMV vaccine efficacy...
- A novel high-throughput neutralization assay for supporting clinical evaluations of human cytomegalovirus vaccinesAimin Tang
Vaccines Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
Vaccine 29:8350-6. 2011..Lastly, to demonstrate the utility of this assay to support HCMV vaccine study, we presented the results of neutralizing titers from a rhesus macaque vaccination study...
- Vectored Gag and Env but not Tat show efficacy against simian-human immunodeficiency virus 89.6P challenge in Mamu-A*01-negative rhesus monkeysXiaoping Liang
Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 4, WP16 306, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Virol 79:12321-31. 2005..The implications of these results in the development of an HIV-1 vaccine will be discussed...
- A fully human monoclonal antibody to Staphylococcus aureus iron regulated surface determinant B (IsdB) with functional activity in vitro and in vivoTim Ebert
Merck Research Labs, Merck and Co Inc, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Hum Antibodies 19:113-28. 2010..aureus infection, and the activity of this human IsdB specific antibody supplements the growing body of evidence to support targeting this antigen for vaccine development...
- Affinity maturation and characterization of a human monoclonal antibody against HIV-1 gp41Donna L Montgomery
Department of Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
MAbs 1:462-74. 2009....
- A replication-defective human cytomegalovirus vaccine for prevention of congenital infectionDai Wang
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co Inc, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
Sci Transl Med 8:362ra145. 2016..The vaccine was immunogenic in multiple animal species and induced durable neutralizing antibodies, as well as CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, to multiple viral antigens in nonhuman primates...
- Design and optimization of a multiplex anti-influenza peptide immunoassayJames E Drummond
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Immunol Methods 334:11-20. 2008..Assay reagents and parameters have been optimized and the assay is shown to be repeatable and robust. The assay will be used to support clinical vaccine trials of a bivalent peptide vaccine...
- Pairwise antibody footprinting using surface plasmon resonance technology to characterize human papillomavirus type 16 virus-like particles with direct anti-HPV antibody immobilizationVictoria Towne
Vaccine Manufacturing Sciences and Commercialization, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Immunol Methods 388:1-7. 2013..The method is readily extensible to other VLPs and VLP-based vaccines...
- Selection and characterization of murine monoclonal antibodies to Staphylococcus aureus iron-regulated surface determinant B with functional activity in vitro and in vivoMartha Brown
Merck and Co Inc, WP26 253, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:1095-104. 2009..The data suggest that several nonoverlapping epitopes are recognized by the IsdB-specific MAbs, but not all of these epitopes induce protective antibodies...
- A human monoclonal antibody neutralizes diverse HIV-1 isolates by binding a critical gp41 epitopeMichael D Miller
Department of Antiviral Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14759-64. 2005..Our data provide a structural framework for the design of new immunogens and therapeutic antibodies with crossneutralizing potential...
- Development of neutralizing monoclonal antibodies for oncogenic human papillomavirus types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58Martha J Brown
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 21:587-93. 2014..Such characteristics make these antibodies useful tools for monitoring the production and potency of a prototype vaccine as well as monitoring vaccine-induced immune responses in the clinic. ..
- Fully synthetic carbohydrate HIV antigens designed on the logic of the 2G12 antibodyIsaac J Krauss
Laboratory for Bioorganic Chemistry, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11042-4. 2007