Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Phase 1 studies of the safety and immunogenicity of electroporated HER2/CEA DNA vaccine followed by adenoviral boost immunization in patients with solid tumorsClaudia Marcela Diaz
Medical University of South Carolina, Hollings Cancer Center, Charleston, USA
J Transl Med 11:62. 2013..We report the results of 2 multicenter phase 1 trials involving adult cancer patients (n=33) with stage II-IV disease...
- Detection of HIV vaccine-induced cell-mediated immunity in HIV-seronegative clinical trial participants using an optimized and validated enzyme-linked immunospot assaySheri Dubey
Department of Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:20-7. 2007....
- Enhanced rates and magnitude of immune responses detected against an HIV vaccine: effect of using an optimized process for isolating PBMCLisa S Kierstead
Vaccine and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point and Wayne, PA 19087, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:86-92. 2007..These studies establish the importance of optimal conditions for PBMC collection and handling to the success of a clinical development program...
- Comparative immunogenicity in rhesus monkeys of DNA plasmid, recombinant vaccinia virus, and replication-defective adenovirus vectors expressing a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gag geneDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Viral Vaccine Research, Merck and Company, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Virol 77:6305-13. 2003....
- Intracellular staining for HIV-specific IFN-gamma production: statistical analyses establish reproducibility and criteria for distinguishing positive responsesWendy L Trigona
Department of Viral Vaccine Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 23:369-77. 2003..Using these statistical criteria, the ICS assay is sufficiently robust for use in HIV-specific vaccine trials...
- Efficacy of multivalent adenovirus-based vaccine against simian immunodeficiency virus challengeDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Vaccines Basic Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Virol 84:2996-3003. 2010..The implications of these results in light of the recent discouraging results of the phase IIb study of the trivalent Ad5 HIV-1 vaccine are discussed...
- Restoration of viral epithelial tropism improves immunogenicity in rabbits and rhesus macaques for a whole virion vaccine of human cytomegalovirusTong Ming Fu
Department of Vaccines Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, United States
Vaccine 30:7469-74. 2012....
- Vaccine-induced immune responses in rodents and nonhuman primates by use of a humanized human immunodeficiency virus type 1 pol geneDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Virus and Cell Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Company, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Virol 76:185-94. 2002..Thus, optimizing the immunogenic properties of HIV-1 Pol at the level of the gene sequence validates it as an antigen and provides an important step toward the construction of a potent pol-based HIV-1 vaccine component...
- Caspase activation as a versatile assay platform for detection of cytotoxic bacterial toxinsAngela M Payne
Vaccines Basic Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:2970-6. 2013..These results demonstrate that the detection of caspase induction due to toxin exposure using a chemiluminescence readout can support potency and clinical immunogenicity testing for bacterial toxin vaccine candidates in development. ..
- Results and harmonization guidelines from two large-scale international Elispot proficiency panels conducted by the Cancer Vaccine Consortium (CVC/SVI)Sylvia Janetzki
ZellNet Consulting, Inc, Fort Lee, NJ, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:303-15. 2008..These results provide initial harmonization guidelines to optimize Elispot assay performance to the immunotherapy community. Further optimization is in process with ongoing panels...