Andrew J Bett
Affiliation: Merck Research Laboratories
- Comparison of T cell immune responses induced by vectored HIV vaccines in non-human primates and humansAndrew J Bett
Department of Vaccine Basic Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486 0004, USA
Vaccine 28:7881-9. 2010....
- Comparative immunogenicity in rhesus monkeys of DNA plasmid, recombinant vaccinia virus, and replication-defective adenovirus vectors expressing a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 gag geneDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Viral Vaccine Research, Merck and Company, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Virol 77:6305-13. 2003....
- Heterologous human immunodeficiency virus type 1 priming-boosting immunization strategies involving replication-defective adenovirus and poxvirus vaccine vectorsDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Viral Vaccine Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, 770 Sumneytown Pike, West Point, PA 19486, USA
J Virol 78:11434-8. 2004..The heterologous Ad5 priming-poxvirus boosting approach may have potential utility in humans as a means of inducing high levels of cellular immunity...
- Attenuation of simian immunodeficiency virus SIVmac239 infection by prophylactic immunization with dna and recombinant adenoviral vaccine vectors expressing GagDanilo R Casimiro
Department of Vaccines and Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
J Virol 79:15547-55. 2005..However, virus control was short-lived, and indications of viral escape were evident as early as 6 months postinfection. The implications of these results in vaccine design and clinical testing are discussed...
- Comparative analysis of the effects of packaging signal, transgene orientation, promoters, polyadenylation signals, and E3 region on growth properties of first-generation adenovirusesRima Youil
Merck and Company, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Hum Gene Ther 14:1017-34. 2003..This increased robustness will be critical when adapting first-generation recombinant adenovectors to commercial production...
- Quantitative adenovirus neutralization assays based on the secreted alkaline phosphatase reporter gene: application in epidemiologic studies and in the design of adenovector vaccinesMiguel Aste-Amezaga
Department of Virus and Cell Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Hum Gene Ther 15:293-304. 2004..The evaluation of serotype-specific neutralizing antibodies can be of both clinical and epidemiologic importance as a means of selecting the appropriate serotype adenovector(s)...
- Immunogenicity of a reduced-dose whole killed rabies vaccine is significantly enhanced by ISCOMATRIX™ adjuvant, Merck amorphous aluminum hydroxylphosphate sulfate (MAA) or a synthetic TLR9 agonist in rhesus macaquesDaniel Distefano
Department of Vaccine Basic Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA, USA
Vaccine 31:4888-93. 2013..Adjuvantation of whole-killed rabies vaccine for intramuscular injection may therefore be a viable alternative to intradermal application of non-adjuvanted vaccine for both pre- and post-exposure regimens...
- Replication-incompetent adenoviral vaccine vector elicits effective anti-immunodeficiency-virus immunityJohn W Shiver
Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Nature 415:331-5. 2002..The replication-defective adenovirus is a promising vaccine vector for development of an HIV-1 vaccine...
- Characterization of Notch1 antibodies that inhibit signaling of both normal and mutated Notch1 receptorsMiguel Aste-Amezaga
Department of Biologics Research, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9094. 2010..On the other hand, dysregulation of Notch1 signaling is associated with many different types of cancer as well as tumor angiogenesis, making Notch1 a potential therapeutic target...
- Serotype specificity of adenovirus purification using anion-exchange chromatographyJohn O Konz
Biologics Development and Engineering, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Hum Gene Ther 16:1346-53. 2005..This correlation enables preparative chromatography gradients for alternative serotypes to be established with minimal effort...
- Hexon gene switch strategy for the generation of chimeric recombinant adenovirusRima Youil
Virus and Cell Biology, Merck and Co, Inc, West Point, PA, 19486, USA
Hum Gene Ther 13:311-20. 2002..The Ad5/Ad12 chimera was found to be extremely ineffective in the i.m. delivery and expression of HIV-1 gag in mice compared to the Ad5/Ad6 construct. Implications of these results will be discussed...