Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Identification and preliminary characterization of novel small molecules that inhibit growth of human lung adenocarcinoma cellsRomel Somwar
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Biomol Screen 14:1176-84. 2009..Identification of the targets of LCS-1 and other growth inhibitors found in this screen may help to develop new agents for the treatment of lung adenocarcinomas, including those driven by mutant EGFR and KRAS...
- Induction of BIM is essential for apoptosis triggered by EGFR kinase inhibitors in mutant EGFR-dependent lung adenocarcinomasYixuan Gong
Pao Laboratory, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e294. 2007..We sought to improve understanding of this process in order to provide insight into mechanisms of sensitivity and/or resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors and to uncover new targets for therapy...
- Superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) is a target for a small molecule identified in a screen for inhibitors of the growth of lung adenocarcinoma cell linesRomel Somwar
High Throughput Screening Core Facility, and Organic Synthesis Core Facility, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA or
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16375-80. 2011..These results suggest that SOD1 is an LCS-1-binding protein that may act in concert with mutant proteins, such as EGFR and KRAS, to promote cell growth, providing a therapeutic target for compounds like LCS-1...
- Novel D761Y and common secondary T790M mutations in epidermal growth factor receptor-mutant lung adenocarcinomas with acquired resistance to kinase inhibitorsMarissa N Balak
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Thoracic Oncology Service, Varmus Lab, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:6494-501. 2006..We aimed to elucidate the frequency and nature of secondary EGFR mutations in patients with acquired resistance to TKI monotherapy...
- Optimization of dosing for EGFR-mutant non-small cell lung cancer with evolutionary cancer modelingJuliann Chmielecki
Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, New York, NY 10021, USA
Sci Transl Med 3:90ra59. 2011..This modeling predicted alternative therapeutic strategies that could prolong the clinical benefit of TKIs against EGFR-mutant NSCLCs by delaying the development of resistance...
- Acquired resistance of lung adenocarcinomas to gefitinib or erlotinib is associated with a second mutation in the EGFR kinase domainWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
PLoS Med 2:e73. 2005..Despite initial responses, patients eventually progress by unknown mechanisms of "acquired" resistance...
- A Novel Crizotinib-Resistant Solvent-Front Mutation Responsive to Cabozantinib Therapy in a Patient with ROS1-Rearranged Lung CancerAlexander Drilon
Thoracic Oncology Service, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York
Clin Cancer Res 22:2351-8. 2016..The development of acquired resistance, however, poses a serious clinical challenge. Consequently, experimental and clinical validation of resistance mechanisms and potential second-line therapies is essential...