Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Modulation of notch signaling elicits signature tumors and inhibits hras1-induced oncogenesis in the mouse mammary epitheliumHippokratis Kiaris
Department of Cell Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Cancer Research, Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 13th St, Bldg 149, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Am J Pathol 165:695-705. 2004....
- EGF receptor gene mutations are common in lung cancers from "never smokers" and are associated with sensitivity of tumors to gefitinib and erlotinibWilliam Pao
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics and Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:13306-11. 2004..Collectively, these data show that adenocarcinomas from never smokers comprise a distinct subset of lung cancers, frequently containing mutations within the TK domain of EGFR that are associated with gefitinib and erlotinib sensitivity...
- Oncogene cooperation in tumor maintenance and tumor recurrence in mouse mammary tumors induced by Myc and mutant KrasKatrina Podsypanina
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5242-7. 2008..These results demonstrate that tumor viability is maintained by each gene in a combination of oncogenes and that targeted approaches will also benefit from combination therapies...
- A mouse plasma peptide atlas as a resource for disease proteomicsQing Zhang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Genome Biol 9:R93. 2008..A major finding from this study is the identification of novel isoforms and transcript variants not previously predicted from genome analysis...
- Erlotinib resistance in mouse models of epidermal growth factor receptor-induced lung adenocarcinomaKaterina Politi
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Dis Model Mech 3:111-9. 2010..This preclinical mouse model, therefore, recapitulates the molecular changes responsible for resistance to TKIs in human tumors and holds promise for the discovery of additional mechanisms of drug resistance in lung cancer...
- Lung adenocarcinomas induced in mice by mutant EGF receptors found in human lung cancers respond to a tyrosine kinase inhibitor or to down-regulation of the receptorsKaterina Politi
Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genes Dev 20:1496-510. 2006..These models may be useful for developing improved therapies for patients with lung cancers bearing EGFR mutations...
- A mouse model of uterine leiomyosarcomaKaterina Politi
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 164:325-36. 2004..To begin exploring aberrant signaling events in the SVER-triggered tumorigenic pathways, we analyzed the expression profile of leiomyosarcomas by DNA microarray analysis...
- Induction of BIM is essential for apoptosis triggered by EGFR kinase inhibitors in mutant EGFR-dependent lung adenocarcinomasYixuan Gong
Pao Laboratory, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e294. 2007..We sought to improve understanding of this process in order to provide insight into mechanisms of sensitivity and/or resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors and to uncover new targets for therapy...
- Development of new mouse lung tumor models expressing EGFR T790M mutants associated with clinical resistance to kinase inhibitorsLucia Regales
Pao Lab, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e810. 2007..The EGFR T790M mutation confers acquired resistance to kinase inhibitors in human EGFR mutant lung adenocarcinoma, is occasionally detected before treatment, and may confer genetic susceptibility to lung cancer...
- Targeting the FOXO1/KLF6 axis regulates EGFR signaling and treatment responseJaya Sangodkar
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Invest 122:2637-51. 2012....
- Myc is a Notch1 transcriptional target and a requisite for Notch1-induced mammary tumorigenesis in miceApostolos Klinakis
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, 1150 St Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:9262-7. 2006..Consistent with this mechanistic link, Notch1 and Myc expression is positively correlated by immunostaining in 38% of examined human breast carcinomas...
- How genetically engineered mouse tumor models provide insights into human cancersKaterina Politi
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2273-81. 2011..Alternatives to GEMMs, such as chemically induced or spontaneous tumor models, are not discussed in this review...
- 'Designer' tumors in miceKaterina Politi
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Oncogene 23:1558-65. 2004....
- Notch in mammary gland development and breast cancerKaterina Politi
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Semin Cancer Biol 14:341-7. 2004..Here, we review studies of mammary tumorigenesis induced by Notch in mouse and in vitro culture models providing evidence that Notch activation is a causal factor in human breast cancer...
- Expression of ERp29, an endoplasmic reticulum secretion factor in basal-cell carcinomaChristos Cheretis
Dermatologische Klinik, Klinikum Hoyerswerda Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus an der Technischen Universität Dresden, Germany
Am J Dermatopathol 28:410-2. 2006..The role of ERp29 in the pathogenesis of the disease and its potential diagnostic value should be explored in future investigations...
- Expression of p21waf1/Cip1 in stromal fibroblasts of primary breast tumorsGeorge Trimis
Department of Biological Chemistr, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Hum Mol Genet 17:3596-600. 2008..We propose that p21 regulation is intimately linked with the ability of stromal cells to affect tumor growth...