Suresh C Jhanwar
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Genetic and epigenetic pathways in myelodysplastic syndromes: A brief overviewSuresh C Jhanwar
Departments of Pathology and Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA Electronic address
Adv Biol Regul 58:28-37. 2015..Several drugs which either target the spliceosome, oncogenic RAS signaling, or hypomethylating agents have been employed to successfully treat MDS patients. ..
- Genetic abnormalities in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma as revealed by conventional and molecular cytogenetics methods of analysesSuresh C Jhanwar
Department of Pathology, Molecular Diagnostic Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 730:131-48. 2011....
- International retrospective study of over 1000 adults with anaplastic oligodendroglial tumorsAndrew B Lassman
Department of Neurology and Brain Tumor Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:649-59. 2011..Combined CT + RT led to longer disease control and survival than did CT or RT alone in cases with no 1p19q deletion. Ongoing trials will address these issues prospectively...
- MET expression and amplification in patients with localized gastric cancerYelena Y Janjigian
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1021-7. 2011..MET, the receptor for hepatocyte growth factor, has been proposed as a therapeutic target in gastric cancer. This study assessed the incidence of MET expression and gene amplification in tumors of Western patients with gastric cancer...
- Transplantation in remission improves the disease-free survival of patients with advanced myelodysplastic syndromes treated with myeloablative T cell-depleted stem cell transplants from HLA-identical siblingsHugo Castro-Malaspina
The Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:458-68. 2008....
- Reduced risk of secondary leukemia with fewer cycles of dose-intensive induction chemotherapy in patients with neuroblastomaBrian H Kushner
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 53:17-22. 2009..We report a prospective study of secondary leukemia (SL)/myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) in neuroblastoma (NB) patients treated with > or =5 cycles of dose-intensive chemotherapy...
- Distinction of conjunctival melanocytic nevi from melanomas by fluorescence in situ hybridizationKlaus J Busam
Department of Pathology, Ophthalmologic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Cutan Pathol 37:196-203. 2010..The findings encourage further exploration of this technique as an ancillary method for the work-up of conjunctival melanocytic proliferations...
- Feasibility of ex vivo FDG PET of the colonMarc J Gollub
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10023, USA
Radiology 252:232-9. 2009....
- Molecular characterization of permanent cell lines from primary, metastatic and recurrent malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors (MPNST) with underlying neurofibromatosis-1Yuqiang Fang
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Anticancer Res 29:1255-62. 2009..These cell lines with extensive characterization of genetic abnormalities are likely to provide important reagents for biochemical, molecular and pharmacological studies related to MPNST...
- Teratocarcinosarcoma of the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses: report of 3 cases with assessment for chromosome 12p statusFadi Salem
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hum Pathol 39:605-9. 2008..Our findings suggest that 12p amplification, if it occurs at all in this setting, is exceptional and that SNTCS is a somatic-type neoplasm exhibiting divergent differentiation rather than a germ cell tumor...
- Identification of MYCN gene amplification in neuroblastoma using chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH): an alternative and practical methodRohit Bhargava
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 14:72-6. 2005..We conclude that CISH is an accurate method for determining MYCN gene amplification, with added advantages that make it a more practically useful method...
- Molecular cytogenetic analysis of genomic instability at the 1q12-22 chromosomal site in B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaTakahiro Itoyama
Cell Biology Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 35:318-28. 2002..Chromosome arm 1q is gene-rich, and characterization of aberrations described in this study can be expected to lead to the discovery of additional functionally significant genetic changes...
- Spectral karyotyping identifies new rearrangements, translocations, and clinical associations in diffuse large B-cell lymphomaGouri Nanjangud
Cell Biology Program, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 99:2554-61. 2002..These studies emphasize the value of SKY analysis for redefinition of chromosomal instability in DLBCL to enhance gene discovery as well as clinical correlation analysis...