Raymond L Comenzo
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Multiple myeloma. Clinical practice guidelines in oncologyKenneth C Anderson
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:118-47. 2007
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for primary systemic amyloidosisRaymond L Comenzo
Hematology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 99:4276-82. 2002..We discuss such a risk-adapted approach to melphalan dosing in detail and conclude with a brief overview of current research using SCT to treat patients with AL...
- Seeking confidence in the diagnosis of systemic AL (Ig light-chain) amyloidosis: patients can have both monoclonal gammopathies and hereditary amyloid proteinsRaymond L Comenzo
Howard 802, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 107:3489-91. 2006..These results justify further study of screening for hereditary variants in patients with apparent AL, and highlight the need for practical techniques for identifying fibrils extracted from tissue...
- Current and emerging views and treatments of systemic immunoglobulin light-chain (Al) amyloidosisRaymond L Comenzo
Cytotherapy Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Contrib Nephrol 153:195-210. 2007..The use of novel antibody-based approaches for imaging amyloid and possibly for accelerating removal of deposits is under active investigation...
- The tropism of organ involvement in primary systemic amyloidosis: contributions of Ig V(L) germ line gene use and clonal plasma cell burdenR L Comenzo
Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 98:714-20. 2001..These data support the hypothesis that germ line gene use and plasma cell burden influence the organ tropism of AL. (Blood. 2001;98:714-720)..
- Managing systemic light-chain amyloidosisRaymond L Comenzo
Hematology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:179-87. 2007..New agents such as bortezomib and lenalidomide have shown promising activity, and novel antibody-based approaches for imaging amyloid and accelerating removal of deposits are being actively investigated...
- Systemic immunoglobulin light-chain amyloidosisRaymond L Comenzo
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:182-5. 2006..New agents, such as bortezomib and lenalidomide, have shown promising activity, and novel monoclonal antibody approaches are also under active investigation...
- AmyloidosisRaymond L Comenzo
Hematology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 7:225-36. 2006..Drugs effective in multiple myeloma are usually helpful in AL amyloidosis if tolerated. The use of novel antibody-based approaches for imaging amyloid and possibly for accelerating removal of deposits is under active investigation...
- Results of a phase I/II trial adding carmustine (300 mg/m2) to melphalan (200 mg/m2) in multiple myeloma patients undergoing autologous stem cell transplantationR L Comenzo
Hematology Service, Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Leukemia 20:345-9. 2006..PFS for those with CR or nCR was 3.1 years while for those with stable disease (SD) it was 1.3 years (P=0.06). We conclude that carmustine can be combined with HDM for myeloma with minimal pulmonary toxicity and a high response rate...
- Clonal immunoglobulin light chain variable region germline gene use in AL amyloidosis: association with dominant amyloid-related organ involvement and survival after stem cell transplantationR L Comenzo
Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N Y, USA
Br J Haematol 106:744-51. 1999..These findings indicate that there are important associations in AL amyloidosis among Ig VL gene utilization, organ-system tropism and post-SCT survival...
- Risk-adapted autologous stem cell transplantation with adjuvant dexamethasone +/- thalidomide for systemic light-chain amyloidosis: results of a phase II trialAdam D Cohen
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Haematol 139:224-33. 2007..Risk-adapted SCT with adjuvant thal/dex is feasible and results in low TRM and high haematological and organ response rates in AL patients...
- Calreticulin expression in the clonal plasma cells of patients with systemic light-chain (AL-) amyloidosis is associated with response to high-dose melphalanPing Zhou
Sloan Kettering Institute, Department of Pathology, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 111:549-57. 2008....
- Bortezomib, liposomal doxorubicin and dexamethasone followed by thalidomide and dexamethasone is an effective treatment for patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma with Internatinal Staging System stage II or III, or extramedullary diseaseHeather Landau
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 53:275-81. 2012..All patients undergoing stem cell harvest had a successful collection. BDD followed by TD or BTD is effective initial therapy for this population with higher-risk myeloma and results in rapid disease control and a high response rate...
- CD32B is highly expressed on clonal plasma cells from patients with systemic light-chain amyloidosis and provides a target for monoclonal antibody-based therapyPing Zhou
Sloan Kettering Institute, Department of Medicine, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 111:3403-6. 2008..These data provide a rationale for the novel therapeutic targeting of CD32B using the humanized 2B6 MoAb in patients with systemic AL-amyloidosis...
- Insights into extramedullary tumour cell growth revealed by expression profiling of human plasmacytomas and multiple myelomaCyrus V Hedvat
Laboratory of Molecular Aspects of Hematopoiesis, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 122:728-44. 2003..Defining how malignant plasma cell growth is regulated in the bone marrow versus at extramedullary sites will help to delineate the mechanisms underlying the dependence of tumour cell growth on angiogenesis and cell adhesion...
- Clinical and echocardiographic correlates of elevated troponin in amyloid light-chain cardiac amyloidosisTeimuraz Apridonidze
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:1180-4. 2012..Among baseline variables, it is the strongest predictor of all-cause mortality in multivariate analysis. Troponin is a powerful tool in clinical and prognostic assessments of patients with CAL...
- Frequencies and types of arrhythmias in patients with systemic light-chain amyloidosis with cardiac involvement undergoing stem cell transplantation on telemetry monitoringYuliya B Goldsmith
Cardiology Department, New York Methodist Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:990-4. 2009..Continuous telemetric monitoring contributed to patient safety during SCT...
- Doxorubicin and dexamethasone followed by thalidomide and dexamethasone is an effective well tolerated initial therapy for multiple myelomaHani Hassoun
Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Hematology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Haematol 132:155-61. 2006..AD-TD administered with low dose aspirin for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis was well tolerated and yielded a high response rate with minimal treatment-related morbidity...
- Changes in gene expression profiles of multiple myeloma cells induced by arsenic trioxide (ATO): possible mechanisms to explain ATO resistance in vivoPing Zhou
Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 128:636-44. 2005..A better understanding of ATO resistance will enable ATO to be combined with other agents for MM...
- Melphalan-mobilized blood stem cell components contain minimal clonotypic myeloma cell contaminationPing Zhou
Department of Medicine, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Blood 102:477-9. 2003..1%) or 0.5 x 10(4) clonotypic cells per kilogram (range, 0-41.2 x 10(4)/kg), and contamination correlated with CD34+ cells collected (r2 = 0.42, P <.01). Melphalan-mobilized SCCs contain minimal clonotypic contamination...
- First-in-Human Phase I/II Study of NEOD001 in Patients With Light Chain Amyloidosis and Persistent Organ DysfunctionMorie A Gertz
Morie A Gertz, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Heather Landau, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Raymond L Comenzo, Tufts Medical Center David Seldin, Boston University, Boston, MA Brendan Weiss, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Jeffrey Zonder, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI Giampaolo Merlini, Fondazione Instituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo and University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy Stefan Schönland, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Jackie Walling, JW Consulting, Hillsborough Gene G Kinney, Martin Koller, Dale B Schenk, and Spencer D Guthrie, Prothena Biosciences, Inc, South San Francisco and Michaela Liedtke, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA
J Clin Oncol 34:1097-103. 2016..NEOD001 is a monoclonal antibody targeting these misfolded proteins. We report interim data from a phase I/II dose-escalation/expansion study of NEOD001 in patients with AL amyloidosis and persistent organ dysfunction (NCT01707264)...
- The checkpoint kinase inhibitor AZD7762 potentiates chemotherapy-induced apoptosis of p53-mutated multiple myeloma cellsHeather J Landau
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 11:1781-8. 2012..These data provide a rationale for testing these combinations in patients with relapsed and/or refractory multiple myeloma...
- Amyloidosis: 2008 BMT Tandem Meetings (February 13-17, San Diego)Angela Dispenzieri
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:6-11. 2008..Whenever possible, patients should be treated on clinical trials...
- Myelopathy from Waldenström's macroglobulinemia: improvement after Rituximab therapyBernardo Liberato
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Neurooncol 63:207-11. 2003..We report a rare case of a patient presenting with a slowly progressive myelopathy due to WM who had a marked response to Rituximab therapy...
- Expression of cancer/testis (CT) antigens MAGE-A1, MAGE-A3, MAGE-A4, CT-7, and NY-ESO-1 in malignant gammopathies is heterogeneous and correlates with site, stage and risk status of diseaseMadhav V Dhodapkar
Laboratory of Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Immun 3:9. 2003..These data suggest that CT antigens may have important biological implications in malignant gammopathies and that CT-7 may be a suitable target for T cell-based and possibly antibody-mediated immunotherapy of myeloma...
- High-dose melphalan versus melphalan plus dexamethasone for AL amyloidosisRaymond L Comenzo
N Engl J Med 358:92; author reply 92-3. 2008