Hugo Castro Malaspina
Affiliation: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Unrelated donor marrow transplantation for myelodysplastic syndromes: outcome analysis in 510 transplants facilitated by the National Marrow Donor ProgramHugo Castro-Malaspina
Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 99:1943-51. 2002..The observations made in this study should facilitate the design of prospective trials aimed at improving the results of unrelated donor stem cell transplantation for MDS...
- Transplantation in remission improves the disease-free survival of patients with advanced myelodysplastic syndromes treated with myeloablative T cell-depleted stem cell transplants from HLA-identical siblingsHugo Castro-Malaspina
The Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:458-68. 2008....
- Fludarabine-based conditioning secures engraftment of second hematopoietic stem cell allografts (HSCT) in the treatment of initial graft failureJoseph H Chewning
Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:1313-23. 2007....
- Intravenous busulfan and melphalan, tacrolimus, and short-course methotrexate followed by unmodified HLA-matched related or unrelated hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for the treatment of advanced hematologic malignanciesTrudy N Small
Department of Pediatrics, Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 13:235-44. 2007..For 18 patients with MDS (< or = RAEB-2) or high-risk myeloproliferative disorder, the estimated 3 year DFS is 61%. These data demonstrate the curative potential of this regimen in patients with high-risk myeloid malignancies...
- T cell depleted stem-cell transplantation for adults with hematologic malignancies: sustained engraftment of HLA-matched related donor grafts without the use of antithymocyte globulinAnn A Jakubowski
Adult Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Division of Hematologic Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Blood 110:4552-9. 2007..Life-threatening OIs occurred in 3 of 52 patients and was fatal in 1. This study demonstrates durable engraftment with a low incidence of GvHD despite the lack of ATG, as well as the curative potential of this regimen...
- Outcomes for patients who fail high dose chemoradiotherapy and autologous stem cell rescue for relapsed and primary refractory Hodgkin lymphomaAlison J Moskowitz
Medical Oncology Hematology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, Box 8, New York, NY 10065, USA
Br J Haematol 146:158-63. 2009..Future studies should focus on prospectively evaluating RIT following HDT-ASCT failure in patients with remission duration from HDT-ASCT of >6 months...
- Response to pneumococcal (PNCRM7) and haemophilus influenzae conjugate vaccines (HIB) in pediatric and adult recipients of an allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (alloHCT)Mary Pao
Memorial Sloan Kettering, New York, New York 10065, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1022-30. 2008..Prospective, multicenter trials assessing the best strategy to administer this vaccine and its impact on pneumococcal infections following transplantation are warranted...
- Immunogenicity of recombinant hepatitis B vaccine (rHBV) in recipients of unrelated or related allogeneic hematopoietic cell (HC) transplantsDana Jaffe
Department of Pediatrics, Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 108:2470-5. 2006....
- Sustained complete remission of CLL associated with the use of a Chinese herbal extract: case report and mechanistic analysisTraci E Battle
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Leuk Res 27:859-63. 2003..However, it did not inhibit the activation of Akt or MAP kinase, nor did it inhibit the serine phosphorylation of STAT1. Thus, through an as yet unknown mechanism, this extract appears to exert pro-apoptotic effects in CLL...