Affiliation: Meharry Medical College
- Colorectal cancer prevention: adherence patterns and correlates of tests done for screening purposes within United States populationsAshar Ata
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, 1005 Dr D B Todd Jr Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 30:134-43. 2006..The most recent national-level reports have described US usage of CRC tests but none have considered only those tests done specifically for screening reasons as an outcome variable...
- Effect of race on long-term survival of breast cancer patients: transinstitutional analysis from an inner city hospital and university medical centerAna M Grau
Department of Surgery, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
Am Surg 71:164-70. 2005..Black women with potentially curable stage II cancer had a lower survival that is not explained by the variables measured...
- Characteristics of highly ranked applicants to general surgery residency programsSteven C Stain
Department of Surgery, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208 3479, USA
JAMA Surg 148:413-7. 2013..With duty hour debates, specialization, and sex distribution changes in the applicant pool, the relative competitiveness for general surgery residency (GSR) is undefined...
- Postoperative hyperglycemia and surgical site infection in general surgery patientsAshar Ata
Department of Surgery, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Arch Surg 145:858-64. 2010..Postoperative hyperglycemia is an independent risk factor for postoperative surgical site infection (SSI)...
- Impact of preinjury warfarin and antiplatelet agents on outcomes of trauma patientsDaniel J Bonville
Department of Surgery, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Surgery 150:861-8. 2011..In this study, we examined the impact of preinjury WAA on outcomes in trauma patients...