Chin Fen Yang
Affiliation: MedImmune Vaccines
- Implication of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) F transgene sequence heterogeneity observed in Phase 1 evaluation of MEDI-534, a live attenuated parainfluenza type 3 vectored RSV vaccineChin Fen Yang
MedImmune, 297 North Bernardo Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States
Vaccine 31:2822-7. 2013..An association between shedding of variants and lower RSV F serological response was observed but it was not possible to establish a definitive clinical significance due to the small number of subjects in this study...
- Genetic diversity and evolution of human metapneumovirus fusion protein over twenty yearsChin Fen Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Virol J 6:138. 2009..Human metapneumovirus (HMPV) is an important cause of acute respiratory illness in children. We examined the diversity and molecular evolution of HMPV using 85 full-length F (fusion) gene sequences collected over a 20-year period...
- Multiple gene segments control the temperature sensitivity and attenuation phenotypes of ca B/Ann Arbor/1/66Erich Hoffmann
MedImmune Vaccines, Inc, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
J Virol 79:11014-21. 2005....
- Human metapneumovirus G protein is highly conserved within but not between genetic lineagesChin Fen Yang
MedImmune Vaccines, LLC, Mountain View, CA, USA
Arch Virol 158:1245-52. 2013..HMPV G was conserved within lineages over 20 years, suggesting functional constraints on diversity. However, G was poorly conserved between subgroups, pointing to potentially distinct roles for G among different viral lineages...
- Rescue of influenza B virus from eight plasmidsErich Hoffmann
MedImmune Vaccines, 297 North Bernardo Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11411-6. 2002..Our results demonstrate that the eight-plasmid system can be used for the generation of high yields of influenza B virus vaccines expressing current HA and NA glycoproteins from either of the two lineages of influenza B virus...
- Genetic sequence analysis of influenza viruses and illness severity in ill children previously vaccinated with live attenuated or inactivated influenza vaccineChin Fen Yang
MedImmune, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Vaccine 28:5128-34. 2010..Viruses of each influenza B lineage caused more illnesses than A/H1N1 viruses; strategies to enhance protection against multiple influenza B lineages should be pursued...
- Population-based incidence of human metapneumovirus infection among hospitalized childrenJohn V Williams
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Schoolof Medicine, and Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2581, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1890-8. 2010..Human metapneumovirus (HMPV) is a leading cause of acute respiratory illness (ARI) in children. Population-based incidence rates and comprehensive clinical characterizations of disease have not been established...
- Analysis of respiratory syncytial virus preclinical and clinical variants resistant to neutralization by monoclonal antibodies palivizumab and/or motavizumabQing Zhu
Department of Infectious Disease Vaccines, MedImmune, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 203:674-82. 2011..Although palivizumab escape mutants have been generated in the laboratory, the development of resistant RSV in patients receiving palivizumab has not been reported previously...
- The hemagglutinin protein of influenza A/Vietnam/1203/2004 (H5N1) contributes to hyperinduction of proinflammatory cytokines in human epithelial cellsXing Cheng
MedImmune, 319 North Bernardo Avenue, Mountain View, CA 93043, USA
Virology 406:28-36. 2010..The full implications of cytokine induction in vaccine virus-induced immune responses remain to be explored...
- The role of human metapneumovirus in upper respiratory tract infections in children: a 20-year experienceJohn V Williams
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Infect Dis 193:387-95. 2006..The role that human metapneumovirus (hMPV) plays in the etiology of upper respiratory tract infections (URIs) in children over a period of many years has not been evaluated previously...
- Molecular and cellular response profiles induced by the TLR4 agonist-based adjuvant Glucopyranosyl Lipid AStacie L Lambert
MedImmune LLC, Mountain View, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e51618. 2012..These compounds can be formulated as part of novel adjuvants to enhance vaccine medicated immune responses. However, the contribution of the formulation to the innate in vivo activity of TLR4 agonist compounds is not well understood...
- Multiple amino acid residues confer temperature sensitivity to human influenza virus vaccine strains (FluMist) derived from cold-adapted A/Ann Arbor/6/60Hong Jin
MedImmune Vaccines, Inc, 297 North Bernardo Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Virology 306:18-24. 2003..In addition, PB1(2005) (A661T) also contributed to the ts phenotype. The identification of multiple genetic loci that control the MDV-A ts phenotype provides a molecular basis for the observed genetic stability of FluMist vaccines...
- Cross-reactive H1N1 antibody responses to a live attenuated influenza vaccine in children: implication for selection of vaccine strainsMin Shi Lee
MedImmune Vaccines, Mountain View, California 94043, USA
J Infect Dis 188:1362-6. 2003..The observed differences in HAI cross-reactivity seem to be partly related to the number of amino acid (aa) differences on the hemagglutinin 1 domain (328 aa residues) rather than the hemagglutinin protein (550 aa residues)...