Genomes and Genes
Deborah L Clarke
Affiliation: MedImmune Vaccines
- Is personalised medicine the key to heterogeneity in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Deborah L Clarke
MedImmune Ltd, Granta Park, Cambridge CB21 6GH, UK Electronic address
Pharmacol Ther 169:35-46. 2017..Below we review the ongoing quest for novel therapeutic approaches and highlight, where appropriate attempts have been made to identify patients for which a specific pathway or mediator may be driving disease progression...
- TNFα and IFNγ synergistically enhance transcriptional activation of CXCL10 in human airway smooth muscle cells via STAT-1, NF-κB, and the transcriptional coactivator CREB-binding proteinDeborah L Clarke
Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, City Hospital, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG5 1PB, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:29101-10. 2010....
- Transcriptional regulation of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 release by endothelin-1 in human airway smooth muscle cells involves NF-kappaB and AP-1Amy M Sutcliffe
Nottingham Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham NG5 1PB, UK
Br J Pharmacol 157:436-50. 2009..We studied the effect of ET-1 on expression of the chemokine, monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), in primary cultures of human airway smooth muscle cells...
- PKCbetaII augments NF-kappaB-dependent transcription at the CCL11 promoter via p300/CBP-associated factor recruitment and histone H4 acetylationDeborah L Clarke
Division of Respiratory Medicine, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:3503-14. 2008..These data suggest a novel important biological role for PKCbetaIotaIota in NF-kappaB-mediated CCL11 transcription by p/CAF activation and histone H4 acetylation...
- Development of a mouse model mimicking key aspects of a viral asthma exacerbationDeborah L Clarke
Department of Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity, MedImmune, Granta Park, Cambridge CB21 6GH, U K
Clin Sci (Lond) 126:567-80. 2014..This model may provide better understanding of disease mechanisms underlying viral exacerbations and could be used to build early confidence in novel therapeutic axes targeting viral asthma exacerbations in Th2 asthmatics...
- Matrix regulation of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: the role of enzymesDeborah L Clarke
MedImmune Ltd, Granta Park, Cambridge CB21 6GH, UK
Fibrogenesis Tissue Repair 6:20. 2013..Elevated expression of a number of enzymes that can directly modulate the ECM has been reported, and recent data indicates that modulating the activity of these enzymes can have a downstream effect on fibrotic tissue remodeling. ..