Mary L Zupanc
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Infantile spasmsMary L Zupanc
Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, MACC Fund Research Building, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 4:2039-48. 2003..With the advancements in molecular biology, genetics and neuroimaging, there is the hope of novel therapies in the future...
- Neonatal seizuresMary L Zupanc
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9000 W Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 51:961-78, ix. 2004..Although there are antiepileptic therapies for neonatal seizures, they are ineffective in over 35% of cases. The goal of research should be the development of more effective therapies for neonatal seizures, regardless of etiology...
- The first seizure in childhood: don't just do something, stand there!Mary L Zupanc
Neurology 64:774-5. 2005
- Epilepsy surgery outcomes: quality of life and seizure controlMary L Zupanc
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Pediatr Neurol 42:12-20. 2010....
- Efficacy of felbamate in the treatment of intractable pediatric epilepsyMary L Zupanc
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin and Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Pediatr Neurol 42:396-403. 2010....
- Antiepileptic drugs and hormonal contraceptives in adolescent women with epilepsyMary L Zupanc
Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Neurology 66:S37-45. 2006....
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis of severe epilepsy syndromes of early childhoodMary L Zupanc
Medical College of Wisconsin, Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201 1997, USA
J Child Neurol 24:6S-14S. 2009....
- Long-term management of the ketogenic diet: seizure monitoring, nutrition, and supplementationBeth Zupec-Kania
Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin WI 53210, USA
Epilepsia 49:23-6. 2008..We have utilized these guidelines in designing our approach to KD therapy in our pediatric population. Many of the practices described here have been adopted from our practical experience...
- Corpus callosotomy in multistage epilepsy surgery in the pediatric populationJessica S Lin
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 7:189-200. 2011....
- Epilepsy in women: special considerations for adolescentsMary L Zupanc
Department of Neurology and Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Int Rev Neurobiol 83:91-111. 2008..In the final section, the authors suggest strategies for clinical patient management...
- Women and epilepsySunila E O'Connor
Department of Neurology, Section of Child Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 14:212-20. 2009..Other pertinent issues to women with epilepsy include breastfeeding as well as bone mineral health. This article summarizes our current, collective knowledge of these issues and makes specific recommendations with respect to management...
- Neurodevelopmental outcomes of children born to mothers with epilepsyKimford J Meador
Department of Neurology, Georgetown University Hospital, 1st Floor Bles, 3800 Reservoir Rd, NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 71:S38-41. 2004..Flaws in the methodology of some studies of these effects require that the results be interpreted cautiously and highlight the need for well-designed studies to explore this issue further...
- Ketogenic diet: outpatient initiation, without fluid, or caloric restrictionsInna I Vaisleib
Division of Child and Adolescent Neurology, Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Pediatr Neurol 31:198-202. 2004..We conclude that a prospective, randomized trial is necessary to compare outpatient vs inpatient initiation of the ketogenic diet and the utility of fluid and caloric restriction...
- Felbamate: consensus of current clinical experienceJohn M Pellock
Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, PO Box 980211, 1001 E Marshall St, 1st Floor, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Epilepsy Res 71:89-101. 2006..This review of clinical data and discussion of the current understanding of the risk:benefit of felbamate therapy supports its use as an important therapeutic option for some patients with refractory epilepsy...