Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- QTL-based association analyses reveal novel genes influencing pleiotropy of metabolic syndrome (MetS)Y Zhang
TOPS Obesity and Metabolic Research Center, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA Human and Molecular Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:2099-111. 2013..We conducted a study to elucidate the genetic basis underlying linkage signals for multiple representative traits of MetS that we had previously identified at two significant QTLs on chromosomes 3q27 and 17p12...
- A comprehensive analysis of adiponectin QTLs using SNP association, SNP cis-effects on peripheral blood gene expression and gene expression correlation identified novel metabolic syndrome (MetS) genes with potential role in carcinogenesis and systemic infYi Zhang
TOPS Obesity and Metabolic Research Center, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
BMC Med Genomics 6:14. 2013..We previously performed microsatellite linkage analyses using adiponectin as a surrogate marker and revealed two QTLs on chr5 (5p14) and chr14 (14q13)...
- Fatty acid binding protein 3 (fabp3) is associated with insulin, lipids and cardiovascular phenotypes of the metabolic syndrome through epigenetic modifications in a Northern European family populationYi Zhang
TOPS Obesity and Metabolic Research Center, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
BMC Med Genomics 6:9. 2013..The objective of this study was to test the hypothesis that CpG methylation status of a key regulator of lipid homeostasis, FABP3, is a quantitative trait associated with status of MetS phenotypes in humans...
- Obesity-related dyslipidemia associated with FAAH, independent of insulin response, in multigenerational families of Northern European descentYi Zhang
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, WI 53226, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:1929-39. 2009..In recent years, there has been tremendous interest in understanding the endocannabinoid system as a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of obesity-related dyslipidemia...
- STAT5 requires the N-domain to maintain hematopoietic stem cell repopulating function and appropriate lymphoid-myeloid lineage outputGeqiang Li
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Exp Hematol 35:1684-94. 2007..The goal of these studies was to use transplantation-based assays to analyze the degree of STAT5 deltaN activity in hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) and throughout lymphomyeloid development...
- Osteoblasts support B-lymphocyte commitment and differentiation from hematopoietic stem cellsJiang Zhu
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3600 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 109:3706-12. 2007..Taken together, these results demonstrate that osteoblasts are both necessary and sufficient for murine B-cell commitment and maturation, and thereby constitute the cellular homolog of the avian bursa of Fabricius...
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies in East Asian-ancestry populations identifies four new loci for body mass indexWanqing Wen
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Hum Mol Genet 23:5492-504. 2014..0 × 10(-8)) and an additional 14 at P < 1.0 × 10(-3) with the same direction of effect as reported previously. Findings from this analysis expand our knowledge of the genetic basis of obesity. ..
- Putting the Invader assay to work: laboratory application and data managementYi Zhang
Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Methods Mol Biol 578:363-77. 2009..Here, from an end-user point of view, we discuss how a commercially available genotyping platform, the Invader assay, can be utilized to meet the needs and demands of human genomic research in a laboratory...
- Meta-analysis identifies common variants associated with body mass index in east AsiansWanqing Wen
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Nat Genet 44:307-11. 2012..0 × 10(-7). Findings from this study may shed light on new pathways involved in obesity and demonstrate the value of conducting genetic studies in non-European populations...
- Abnormal hematopoiesis in Gab2 mutant miceYi Zhang
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44106 7284, USA
Blood 110:116-24. 2007..Therefore, we demonstrate that Gab2 adapter function is intrinsically required for hematopoietic cell response to early-acting cytokines, resulting in defective hematopoiesis in Gab2-deficient mice...
- Long-term functional engraftment of mesenchymal progenitor cells in a mouse model of accelerated agingLakshman Singh
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Stem Cells 31:607-11. 2013....
- Genetic variation in cannabinoid receptor 1 (CNR1) is associated with derangements in lipid homeostasis, independent of body mass indexTes M Baye
Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pharmacogenomics 9:1647-56. 2008..We therefore tested the hypothesis that genetic variation in CNR1 is associated with common obesity-related metabolic disorders...
- Retroviral transduction of murine hematopoietic stem cellsPeter Haviernik
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Center for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Methods Mol Biol 430:229-41. 2008..We also describe methods for transplantation and subsequent analysis of transplanted mice as a bona fide assay for the stem cell transduction efficiency...
- c-Myb contributes to G2/M cell cycle transition in human hematopoietic cells by direct regulation of cyclin B1 expressionYuji Nakata
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:2048-58. 2007....
- Host-reactive CD8+ memory stem cells in graft-versus-host diseaseYi Zhang
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Room 510, Maloney, 3600 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Med 11:1299-305. 2005..Memory stem cells will be important targets for understanding and influencing diverse chronic immune reactions, including GVHD...
- NF-Ya activates multiple hematopoietic stem cell (HSC) regulatory genes and promotes HSC self-renewalJiang Zhu
Department of Medicine, and Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11728-33. 2005..Thus, NF-Ya is a potent cellular regulator of HSC self-renewal...