Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Cost Effectiveness of a Fast-Track Protocol for Urgent Laparoscopic Cholecystectomies and AppendectomiesColleen M Trevino
Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 West Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
World J Surg 40:856-62. 2016..Few institutions have implemented FTP for urgent procedures such as laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) and laparoscopic appendectomy (LA)...
- Conversion of an enterocutaneous fistula associated with an open abdominal wound into a drain- controlled enterocutaneous fistulaColleen M Trevino
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Wounds 26:43-6. 2014..Through the use of negative pressure wound therapy, a standard surgical drain, and optimized nutrition, fistula drainage was redirected and the abdominal wound healed, leaving a drain-controlled. ..
- Does opiate use in traumatically injured individuals worsen pain and psychological outcomes?Colleen M Trevino
Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Pain 14:424-30. 2013..08). These findings bring into question the appropriate use of opiates for chronic pain and the possible exacerbating effects on pain and psychopathology in traumatically injured patients...
- Chronic pain at 4 months in hospitalized trauma patients: incidence and life interferenceColleen M Trevino
Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Trauma Nurs 19:154-9. 2012..79, P < 0.001) existed between chronic pain severity and the effect on life interference. Chronic pain is prevalent and causes significant life interference in traumatically injured patients...
- Small bowel obstruction: the art of managementColleen Trevino
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Medical College of Wisconsin, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
AACN Adv Crit Care 21:187-94. 2010....
- Predictors of chronic pain in traumatically injured hospitalized adult patientsColleen Trevino
Department of Trauma Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Drs Trevino, deRoon Cassini, and Brasel Department of Psychology, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Ms Harl and College of Nursing, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Dr Litwack
J Trauma Nurs 21:50-6. 2014..2%. Those with chronic pain at 4 months had more posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression. High initial pain score was the only significant predictor of chronic pain. Initial pain intensity predicts chronic pain. ..