Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- An open-label assessment of aripiprazole in the treatment of PTSDSophie Robert
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 42:69-80. 2009..Limited data were available on the newest agent, aripiprazole, so we aimed to evaluate its efficacy and tolerability in the treatment of PTSD...
- Open-label trial of escitalopram in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorderSophie Robert
Mental Health Service, Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1522-6. 2006..Its S-enantiomer escitalopram, which may have faster onset and greater magnitude of effect than citalopram in other conditions, has not yet been investigated in PTSD...
- A preliminary controlled trial of divalproex in posttraumatic stress disorderMark B Hamner
Mental Health Service 116, Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center, 109 Bee Street Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 21:89-94. 2009..The objective of this study was to conduct a placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and tolerability of divalproex in chronic PTSD patients...
- Emerging roles for atypical antipsychotics in chronic post-traumatic stress disorderMark B Hamner
Department of Psychiatry, Ralph H Johnson Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 5:267-75. 2005..Currently, possible indications for their use include treatment-resistant post-traumatic stress disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder with comorbid psychotic features...
- Strategies for transitioning therapy to aripiprazole from other antipsychotics in schizophreniaChristopher S Wisniewski
South Carolina College of Pharmacy Medical University of South Carolina Campus, Medical University of South Carolina Medication Use Policy and Informatics, Charleston, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1097-104. 2012..To determine the optimal approach for transitioning therapy to aripiprazole from other antipsychotics in schizophrenia and to describe these strategies...
- Efficacy of Quetiapine Monotherapy in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled TrialGerardo Villarreal
From the Behavioral Health Care Line, Raymond G Murphy VA Medical Center, Albuquerque, N M the Departments of Psychiatry and Neurosciences, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque the Biomedical Research Institute of New Mexico, Albuquerque the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and the Department of Biometry and Biostatistics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston and the Mental Health Service, Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center, Charleston, S C
Am J Psychiatry 173:1205-1212. 2016..This was a 12-week randomized, placebo-controlled trial to assess the efficacy of quetiapine monotherapy in the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Treatment-resistant posttraumatic stress disorder: strategies for interventionMark B Hamner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
CNS Spectr 9:740-52. 2004..This review will address representative existing studies and discuss several potential pharmacologic strategies for patients suffering from treatment-refractory PTSD...
- Quetiapine improves sleep disturbances in combat veterans with PTSD: sleep data from a prospective, open-label studySophie Robert
J Clin Psychopharmacol 25:387-8. 2005