Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Retinal imaging using commercial broadband optical coherence tomographyHitesh Tanna
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 94:372-6. 2010..To examine the practical improvement in image quality afforded by a broadband light source in a clinical setting and to define image quality metrics for future use in evaluating spectral domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) images...
- Variable optical activation of human cone photoreceptors visualized using a short coherence light sourceJungtae Rha
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 925 North 87th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Opt Lett 34:3782-4. 2009..The application of light-evoked signal detection techniques for in vivo retinal imaging may prove useful for assessing the functional status of cones in normal and diseased retinae...
- High-resolution images of retinal structure in patients with choroideremiaReema Syed
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:950-61. 2013..To study retinal structure in choroideremia patients and carriers using high-resolution imaging techniques...
- Cone photoreceptor mosaic disruption associated with Cys203Arg mutation in the M-cone opsinJoseph Carroll
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20948-53. 2009..Comparison of these mosaics provides insight into the timing and degree of cone disruption and has implications for the prospects for restoration of vision loss associated with various cone opsin mutations...
- Spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and adaptive optics may detect hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity before symptomatic vision lossKimberly E Stepien
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:28-33. 2009..To describe spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (SD-OCT) and adaptive optics (AO) imaging in hydroxychloroquine retinal toxicity...
- Color-deficient cone mosaics associated with Xq28 opsin mutations: a stop codon versus gene deletionsMelissa Wagner-Schuman
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, United States
Vision Res 50:2396-402. 2010..Our results help refine the relationship between opsin genotype and cone photoreceptor mosaic phenotype...
- Assessing the photoreceptor mosaic over drusen using adaptive optics and SD-OCTPooja Godara
Department of Ophthalmology, The Eye Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, 925 North 87th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 41:S104-8. 2010..This imaging approach and the image analysis metrics introduced may serve as the foundation for valuable imaging-based biomarkers for detecting the earliest stages of disease, tracking progression, and monitoring treatment response...
- Spectral domain optical coherence tomography and adaptive optics: imaging photoreceptor layer morphology to interpret preclinical phenotypesJungtae Rha
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, The Eye Institute, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 664:309-16. 2010..The static nature of the cone mosaic disruption combined with the normal lamination on SD-OCT suggests that the affected cones are likely still present...