Shakaib U Rehman
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- What to wear today? Effect of doctor's attire on the trust and confidence of patientsShakaib U Rehman
Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29464, USA
Am J Med 118:1279-86. 2005..The objective of this study was to determine whether the way a doctor dresses is an important factor in the degree of trust and confidence among respondents...
- Therapeutic inertia is an impediment to achieving the Healthy People 2010 blood pressure control goalsEni C Okonofua
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Hypertension 47:345-51. 2006..TI has a major impact on BP control in hypertensive subjects receiving regular care. Reducing TI is critical in attaining the Healthy People 2010 goal of controlling hypertension in 50% of all patients...
- Cardiovascular risk factor control in communities--update from the ASH Carolinas-Georgia Chapter, the Hypertension Initiative, and the Community Physicians' NetworkBrent M Egan
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 135 Rutledge Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 8:879-86. 2006..Evidence suggests that this collaboration is facilitating application of evidence-based medicine and risk factor control...
- Plasma Renin test-guided drug treatment algorithm for correcting patients with treated but uncontrolled hypertension: a randomized controlled trialBrent M Egan
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Am J Hypertens 22:792-801. 2009..65 ng/ml/h) indicates sodium-volume excess "V" hypertension, whereas values >or=0.65 indicate renin-angiotensin vasoconstriction excess "R" hypertension...
- Ethnic differences in blood pressure control among men at Veterans Affairs clinics and other health care sitesShakaib U Rehman
Department of Medicine, Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1041-7. 2005..The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) system, which provides access to health care and medications across ethnic and economic boundaries, may reduce disparities in BP control...
- Hypertensive men living in a southern city: is it a recipe for disaster?Shakaib U Rehman
South Med J 99:1200. 2006