Paula S Ramos
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Immune function genes CD99L2, JARID2 and TPO show association with autism spectrum disorderPaula S Ramos
Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine, 391 Technology Way, Winston Salem, NC, 27101, USA
Mol Autism 3:4. 2012..abstract:..
- Variable association of reactive intermediate genes with systemic lupus erythematosus in populations with different African ancestryPaula S Ramos
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
J Rheumatol 40:842-9. 2013..We analyzed variation in reactive intermediate genes for association with SLE in 2 populations with African ancestry...
- A comprehensive analysis of shared loci between systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and sixteen autoimmune diseases reveals limited genetic overlapPaula S Ramos
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002406. 2011....
- Brief report: enrichment of associations in genes with fibrosis, apoptosis, and innate immunity functions with cardiac manifestations of neonatal lupusPaula S Ramos
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, Suite 912, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:4060-5. 2012..This study was designed to improve the power to detect specific associations in genes with candidate biologic functions...
- Preferential transmission of genetic risk variants of candidate loci at 6p21 from asymptomatic grandparents to mothers of children with neonatal lupusAmit Saxena
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:931-9. 2012..This study was perforned to determine the role of maternal grandparents in the development of the autoimmune phenotype of mothers of children with NL...
- Progress towards understanding the genetic pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosusTimothy W Behrens
Department of Medicine, Center for Immunology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, 55455, USA
Novartis Found Symp 267:145-60; discussion 160-4. 2005..Here, we will review these data, and explain how these findings contribute to an understanding of the genetic architecture of human SLE...
- Genetics of autoimmune diseases: insights from population geneticsPaula S Ramos
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, and Department of Public Health Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
J Hum Genet 60:657-64. 2015..As such, the study of population genetics in human population holds untapped potential for elucidating the genetic causes of human disease and more rapidly focusing to personalized medicine. ..