D A Misch
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Basic strategies of dynamic supportive therapyD A Misch
Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 3800, USA
J Psychother Pract Res 9:173-89. 2000..The fundamental strategies that underpin effective supportive therapy with mentally ill individuals are described...
- Evaluating physicians' professionalism and humanism: the case for humanism "connoisseurs"Donald A Misch
Center for Educational Excellence, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 4773, USA
Acad Med 77:489-95. 2002..In the process, they would serve to counteract the relative marginalization of professionalism and humanism in the informal and lived curricula of medical trainees...
- Andragogy and medical education: are medical students internally motivated to learn?Donald A Misch
Center for Educational Excellence, Medical College of Georgia, CB 1846 Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 7:153-60. 2002....
- When a psychiatry resident's patient commits suicide: transference trials and tribulationsDonald A Misch
Medical College of Georgia, Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior, USA
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 31:459-75. 2003..The failure of many current psychiatric trainees to undergo personal intensive psychotherapy is identified as a major obstacle to turning such potentially destructive experiences into learning and growth opportunities...
- A piece of my mind. The physician's counselDonald A Misch
JAMA 296:259-60. 2006