Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Kinematic and kinetic evaluation of the ankle joint before and after tendo achilles lengthening in patients with spastic diplegiaRoger Lyon
Childrens s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 25:479-83. 2005..The TAL procedure improved lower extremity function as documented by both kinematic and kinetic analysis in cerebral palsy...
- The effects of therapeutic vs. high-intensity ultrasound on the rabbit growth plateRoger Lyon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Suite 3018, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Orthop Res 21:865-71. 2003..05). This short-term study demonstrates that high dose ultrasound has profound pathologic effects in growing bone. Therapeutic doses of ultrasound do not have an adverse effect on bone growth in the short-term follow-up...
- Dynamic plantar pressure measurement for the normal subject: Free-mapping model for the analysis of pediatric foot deformitiesXue C Liu
Musculoskeletal Functional Assessment Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 25:103-6. 2005..These normative data will provide a basis with which assessment of foot deformities involved in clubfoot, pes planus, and cavus foot will be more accurately defined...
- Effects of tarsal coalition resection on dynamic plantar pressures and electromyography of lower extremity musclesRoger Lyon
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 44:252-8. 2005..These findings suggest that although resection of coalition may have relieved symptoms of discomfort, it did not restore normal foot alignment or muscular balance...
- Outpatient pediatric pain management practices for fracturesAmy L Drendel
Pediatric Department, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:94-9. 2006..Describe the pattern of utilization and effectiveness of outpatient fracture pain medication...
- Effect of lower-level laser therapy on rabbit tibial fractureXuecheng Liu
Musculoskeletal Functional Assessment Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201, USA
Photomed Laser Surg 25:487-94. 2007..The purpose of the study was to demonstrate the biological effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) on tibial fractures using radiographic, histological, and bone density examinations...
- A randomized clinical trial of ibuprofen versus acetaminophen with codeine for acute pediatric arm fracture painAmy L Drendel
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Division, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:553-60. 2009..We compare the treatment of pain in children with arm fractures by ibuprofen 10 mg/kg versus acetaminophen with codeine 1 mg/kg/dose (codeine component)...
- Elbow Biomechanics of Pitching: Does Age or Experience Make a Difference?Shayne Fehr
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Sports Health 8:444-50. 2016..Elbow pain and elbow injuries are common in youth baseball players. It is not clear whether pitching experience and/or age creates biomechanical differences at the elbow and whether these differences place an athlete at greater risk...
- Foot and ankle joint movements inside orthoses for children with spastic CPXue Cheng Liu
Center for Motion Analysis at Orthopedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53201 Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53201
J Orthop Res 32:531-6. 2014..01) constrained forefoot ROM as compared to barefoot gait at the beginning and end of the stance phase, which could be detrimental. The SMO had no effects observed in the coronal plane...