Douglas L Leslie
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Diversity versus concentration in antipsychotic drug selectionDouglas L Leslie
Medical University of South Carolina, 151 Rutledge Ave, Bldg B, PO Box 250961, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 11:107-12. 2008..It is unknown to what extent providers utilize the full range of available antipsychotic agents, or tend to prescribe just a few with which they are familiar...
- Neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infection: a case-control study among privately insured childrenDouglas L Leslie
Department of Health Administration and Policy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:1166-72. 2008....
- One-year health care costs associated with delirium in the elderly populationDouglas L Leslie
Department of Health Administration and Policy, Medical University of South Carolina, 151 Rutledge Ave, Bldg B, PO Box 250961, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:27-32. 2008..While delirium has been increasingly recognized as a serious and potentially preventable condition, its long-term implications are not well understood. This study determined the total 1-year health care costs associated with delirium...
- Cost-benefit analysis of second-generation antipsychotics and placebo in a randomized trial of the treatment of psychosis and aggression in Alzheimer diseaseRobert A Rosenheck
Northeast Program Evaluation Center 182, VA Connecticut Health Care System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 64:1259-68. 2007..Second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) are prescribed for psychosis, aggression, and agitation in Alzheimer disease (AD)...
- Depressive symptoms and the risk of incident delirium in older hospitalized adultsGail J McAvay
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:684-91. 2007..To determine whether specific subsets of symptoms from the Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS), assessed at hospital admission, were associated with the incidence of delirium...
- Health care expenditures associated with autism spectrum disordersDouglas L Leslie
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:350-5. 2007..To examine the health care expenditures associated with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) in medical care settings...
- Cost-effectiveness of second-generation antipsychotics and perphenazine in a randomized trial of treatment for chronic schizophreniaRobert A Rosenheck
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:2080-9. 2006..Second-generation antipsychotics have largely replaced first-generation antipsychotics for the treatment of schizophrenia, but a large-scale cost/effectiveness analysis has not been attempted...
- Older adults discharged from the hospital with delirium: 1-year outcomesGail J McAvay
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1245-50. 2006..To compare 1-year institutionalization and mortality rates of patients who were delirious at discharge, patients whose delirium resolved by discharge, and patients who were never delirious in the hospital...
- Changes in child and adolescent inpatient psychiatric admission diagnoses between 1995 and 2000Ilan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 25 Park Street GEB 617, New Haven, CT, 06519, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:642-7. 2005..This study lends support to recent concerns that the prevalence of bipolar disorder among the youth is increasing. Further research is needed to identify the underlying reasons for these observed changes...
- Premature death associated with delirium at 1-year follow-upDouglas L Leslie
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1657-62. 2005..The objective of this study is to estimate the fraction of a year of life lost associated with delirium at 1-year follow-up...
- Pharmacotherapy and health care costs among patients with schizophrenia and newly diagnosed diabetesDouglas L Leslie
Department of Psychiatry at Yale University in West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:803-9. 2005..This study investigated how antipsychotic pharmacotherapy and health care costs change after diabetes mellitus is newly diagnosed among patients with schizophrenia...
- Consequences of preventing delirium in hospitalized older adults on nursing home costsDouglas L Leslie
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:405-9. 2005..To determine whether costs of long-term nursing home (NH) care for patients who received a multicomponent targeted intervention (MTI) to prevent delirium while hospitalized were less than for those who did not receive the intervention...
- A chart-based method for identification of delirium: validation compared with interviewer ratings using the confusion assessment methodSharon K Inouye
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:312-8. 2005..To validate a chart-based method for identification of delirium and compare it with direct interviewer assessment using the Confusion Assessment Method (CAM)...
- Incidence of newly diagnosed diabetes attributable to atypical antipsychotic medicationsDouglas L Leslie
Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, West Haven, CT, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1709-11. 2004..The purpose of the study was to determine the proportion of patients with schizophrenia with a stable regimen of antipsychotic monotherapy who developed diabetes or were hospitalized for ketoacidosis...
- Patterns of Service Use and Costs Associated with AutismDouglas Leslie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..