E C LeRoy
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Criteria for the classification of early systemic sclerosisE C LeRoy
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
J Rheumatol 28:1573-6. 2001..We propose criteria for the early diagnosis and classification of systemic sclerosis that reflect the vascular and serological advances of the last 2 decades...
- A profibrotic polymorphism (of TGFbeta1) in systemic sclerosisJ P Pandey
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 61:671-2. 2002
- The 72-kilodalton IE-1 protein of human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) is a potent inducer of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) in human dermal fibroblastsM Markiewicz
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:S31-4. 2004..This study suggests that transient or limited HCMV reactivation may play a direct role in abnormal matrix remodeling in GVHD, scleroderma, atherosclerosis and other HCMV-linked diseases...
- Mast cells and their degranulation in the Tsk mouse model of sclerodermaM Walker
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 180:323-8. 1985..The consistent association of mast cells and fibrosis in scleroderma, graft-vs-host reactions (GVHR), and now the Tsk mouse raises the question of a pathogenetic role for mast cells in fibrotic disorders in general...
- Transforming growth factor-beta 1 and collagen gene expression during postnatal skin development and fibrosis in the tight-skin mouseJ L Pablos
Servicio de Reumatologia, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Lab Invest 72:670-8. 1995..Heterozygous mice develop skin fibrosis shortly after birth, providing a valuable model to investigate the sequence of events leading to fibrosis...