Peter S LaViolette
Affiliation: Medical College of Wisconsin
- Effect of contrast leakage on the detection of abnormal brain tumor vasculature in high-grade gliomaPeter S LaViolette
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
J Neurooncol 116:543-9. 2014..Contrast leakage results in large signal variance classified as a separate component by the ICA algorithm. The use of a second dose mitigates the effect and allows measurement of AVOL within enhancement. ..
- Vascular change measured with independent component analysis of dynamic susceptibility contrast MRI predicts bevacizumab response in high-grade gliomaPeter S LaViolette
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Neuro Oncol 15:442-50. 2013..We hypothesized that a decrease in the extent of this abnormal vasculature after bevacizumab treatment would predict treatment efficacy and overall survival...
- Three-dimensional visualization of subdural electrodes for presurgical planningPeter S LaViolette
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Neurosurgery 68:152-60; discussion 160-1. 2011..Accurate localization and visualization of subdural electrodes implanted for intracranial electroencephalography in cases of medically refractory epilepsy remains a challenging clinical problem...
- 3D visualization of subdural electrode shift as measured at craniotomy reopeningPeter S LaViolette
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Epilepsy Res 94:102-9. 2011..This study quantifies electrode shift with respect to the cortical surface occurring between electrode placement and subsequent reopening...
- Precise ex vivo histological validation of heightened cellularity and diffusion-restricted necrosis in regions of dark apparent diffusion coefficient in 7 cases of high-grade gliomaPeter S LaViolette
Department of Radiology P S L, S D R, K M S, Department of Biophysics N J M, K M S, Department of Pathology E J C, Department of Neurology J C, M G M, Department of Radiation Oncology J A B, and Department of Neurosurgery M G M, W M M, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Neuro Oncol 16:1599-606. 2014..This study precisely compares ADC and cell density voxel by voxel using postmortem human whole brain samples...
- Effects of perfusion on diffusion changes in human brain tumorsAlexander D Cohen
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA Translational Brain Tumor Research Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 38:868-75. 2013..To characterize the influence of perfusion on the measurement of diffusion changes over time when ADC is computed using standard two-point methods...
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Based Radiomic Profiles Predict Patient Prognosis in Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Before TherapySean D McGarry
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tomography 2:223-228. 2016..This tool may be useful for planning surgical resection or radiation treatment margins...
- Location of brain tumor intersecting white matter tracts predicts patient prognosisNikolai J Mickevicius
Department of Biophysics, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI, 53226, USA
J Neurooncol 125:393-400. 2015..This study demonstrates the usefulness of VSA by locating AXITEs associated with poor prognosis in GBM patients. This information should be included in patient-physician conversations, therapeutic strategy, and clinical trial design...
- Comprehensive characterization of glioblastoma tumor tissues for biomarker identification using mass spectrometry-based label-free quantitative proteomicsMaxime S Heroux
Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Physiol Genomics 46:467-81. 2014..The workflow developed represents a powerful and efficient method to identify biomarkers in GBM. ..
- The role of pre-treatment white matter abnormalities in developing white matter changes following whole brain radiation: a volumetric studyDavid S Sabsevitz
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226 3596, USA
J Neurooncol 114:291-7. 2013..This information can be used to make more informed decisions and counsel patients on their risk for treatment effects. ..
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT) for malignant brain tumors--where do we stand?Brendan J Quirk
Department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, United States
Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther 12:530-44. 2015..What is the current status of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with regard to treating malignant brain tumors? Despite several decades of effort, PDT has yet to achieve standard of care...