CAROLYN M JENKINS
Affiliation: Medical University of South Carolina
- Stroke Investigative Research and Education Network: Community Engagement and Outreach Within Phenomics CoreCarolyn Jenkins
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Health Educ Behav 43:82S-92S. 2016..This is the first of its kind public outreach engagement initiative to evaluate stroke and genomics in SSA, and has implications as a model for assessment in other high-stroke risk populations. ..
- Improving diabetes management with mobile health technologyJohn C Sieverdes
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Am J Med Sci 345:289-95. 2013..The patient and provider are encouraged to explore possibilities for mobile health technologies that can support behavior change...
- Reducing disparities for African Americans with diabetes: progress made by the REACH 2010 Charleston and Georgetown Diabetes CoalitionCarolyn Jenkins
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Public Health Rep 119:322-30. 2004..Future efforts will focus on maintaining progress, eliminating other disparities, and identifying the contributions of each intervention in eliminating racial disparities...
- Efforts to decrease diabetes-related amputations in African Americans by the Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health Charleston and Georgetown Diabetes CoalitionCarolyn Jenkins
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, 99 Jonathan Lucas, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Fam Community Health 34:S63-78. 2011....
- Racial disparity in the diagnosis of obesity among people with diabetesDiane Neal
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 17:106-15. 2006..Studies suggest that these disparities may contribute to the increased burden of disease experienced by African Americans with diabetes...
- Measurement of students' perceptions of nursing as a careerRobin E Matutina
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 42:319-29. 2010....
- "It's a wild thing, waiting to get me": stance analysis of African Americans with diabetesBoyd H Davis
Department of English Applied Linguistics, University of NorthCarolina at Charlotte, North Carolina
Diabetes Educ 37:409-18. 2011....
- A community-based participatory health information needs assessment to help eliminate diabetes information disparitiesBarbara A Carlson
REACH 2010 Charleston and Georgetown Diabetes Coalition, Department of Library Science and Informatics, Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:213S-22S. 2006..This process taps community resources, builds local capacities and technical skills, educates about health, and empowers participants as active partners in their own health and their community's health...
- Are ankle and toe brachial indices (ABI-TBI) obtained by a pocket Doppler interchangeable with those obtained by standard laboratory equipment?Phyllis A Bonham
Wound Care Education Program, College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 34:35-44. 2007....
- A review of systematic reviews evaluating diabetes interventions: focus on quality of life and disparitiesGayenell S Magwood
MSN, Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, 99 Jonathan Lucas Street, PO Box 250160, Charleston, SC 29425
Diabetes Educ 34:242-65. 2008....
- Validation of diabetes health-related quality-of-life instruments using cognitive interviewing with older African AmericansGayenell S Magwood
College of Nursing, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 1600, USA
J Nurs Meas 17:195-220. 2009....
- A survey of oral health education provided by certified diabetes educatorsHon K Yuen
Division of Occupational Therapy, Department of Health Professions, College of Health Professions, Medical University of South Carolina, CHP Complex Bldg B, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 88:48-55. 2010..To better serve their patients, CDEs should integrate oral health education in the diabetes education curriculum...
- End-of-life care and African Americans: voices from the communityCarolyn Jenkins
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing College of Medicine, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Palliat Med 8:585-92. 2005..A community-campus partnership was formed to guide a needs assessment related to end-of-life care in a Southern, urban, African American community. This paper presents focus group findings related to end-of-life and palliative care...
- Community advisory boards in community-based participatory research: a synthesis of best processesSusan D Newman
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A70. 2011..In this article, we describe the best processes for forming, operating, and maintaining CABs for CBPR. We synthesize the literature and offer our professional experiences to guide formation, operation, and maintenance of CABs...
- People with diabetes: knowledge, perceptions, and applications of recommendations for diabetes managementMarilyn Givens King
Medical University of South Carolina College of Nursing, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Ethn Dis 14:S128-33. 2004....
- Expanding the chronic care framework to improve diabetes management: the REACH case studyCarolyn Jenkins
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Nursing, SC, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 4:65-79. 2010..Reducing the burden of chronic conditions among minorities requires novel approaches to prevent and manage disease...
- Foot problems and foot care practices in diabetes. A survey of public and private diabetes clinics affiliated with a university hospitalKim B Pugh
MUSC, College of Nursing, 99 Jonathan Lucas Blvd, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J S C Med Assoc 98:305-10. 2002