Chin Wei Chiao
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- P2X7 receptor activation amplifies lipopolysaccharide-induced vascular hyporeactivity via interleukin-1 beta releaseChin Wei Chiao
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 326:864-70. 2008..Thus, activation of P2X(7) receptor amplifies LPS-induced hyporeactivity in mouse endothelium-intact aorta, which is associated with IL-1beta-mediated release of nitric oxide by iNOS...
- Interleukin-10 inhibits the in vivo and in vitro adverse effects of TNF-alpha on the endothelium of murine aortaSaiprasad M Zemse
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H1160-7. 2010..In conclusion, the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 prevents impairment in endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation caused by TNF-α by protecting eNOS expression...
- P2X7 receptor activation contributes to an initial upstream mechanism of lipopolysaccharide-induced vascular dysfunctionChin Wei Chiao
Department of Physiology, Georgia Regents University, Augusta, GA 30912 300, USA
Clin Sci (Lond) 125:131-41. 2013..These results suggest that P2X7 receptor activation involves an initial upstream mechanism of LPS-induced vascular dysfunction, which is associated with IL-1β-mediated eNOS, COX2 activation and TNFα release...
- Increased activation of stromal interaction molecule-1/Orai-1 in aorta from hypertensive rats: a novel insight into vascular dysfunctionFernanda R C Giachini
Medical College of Georgia, Department of Physiology, 1120 15th St, CA 3141, Augusta, GA 30912 3000, USA
Hypertension 53:409-16. 2009..Augmented activation of STIM-1/Orai-1 may represent the mechanism that leads to impaired control of intracellular Ca(2+) levels in hypertension...
- The Rho-A/Rho-kinase pathway is up-regulated but remains inhibited by cyclic guanosine monophosphate-dependent mechanisms during endotoxemia in small mesenteric arteriesJ Eduardo da Silva-Santos
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Crit Care Med 37:1716-23. 2009..We investigated whether a reduced activity in the Rho-A/Rho-kinase pathway could be involved in the impaired vascular reactivity observed in septic shock...
- Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Signaling Mechanisms for Contraction to Angiotensin II and Endothelin-1Brandi M Wynne
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912
J Am Soc Hypertens 3:84-95. 2009..In pathological conditions such as hypertension, alterations in these cellular signaling components can lead to an over stimulated state causing maintained vasoconstriction and blood pressure elevation...
- N-Allylsecoboldine as a novel agent prevents acute renal failure during endotoxemiaChin Wei Chiao
Institute of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 535:291-300. 2006..However, the role of alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonism for N-allylsecoboldine in sepsis remains unclear...
- Thaliporphine increases survival rate and attenuates multiple organ injury in LPS-induced endotoxaemiaChin Wei Chiao
Institute of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei, 100, Taiwan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 371:34-43. 2005..These beneficial effects of thaliporphine may be attributed to the suppression of TNF-alpha, NO. and O(2).(-) production...