Leigh Ann Callahan
Affiliation: Medical College of Georgia
- Sepsis induces diaphragm electron transport chain dysfunction and protein depletionLeigh A Callahan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta GA 30912 3135, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 172:861-8. 2005..Sepsis significantly alters skeletal muscle mitochondrial function, but the mechanisms responsible for this abnormality are unknown...
- Downregulation of diaphragm electron transport chain and glycolytic enzyme gene expression in sepsisLeigh Ann Callahan
Div of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, 1120 15th St, Rm BBR 5513, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 3135, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 99:1120-6. 2005....
- Diaphragm and cardiac mitochondrial creatine kinases are impaired in sepsisLeigh A Callahan
Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:44-53. 2007..001 and P = 0.009, respectively, comparing sepsis to control conditions). Our data indicate that endotoxin markedly impairs the MtCK-ATP transporter system; this phenomenon may have significant effects on diaphragm and cardiac function...
- Calpain activation contributes to endotoxin-induced diaphragmatic dysfunctionGerald S Supinski
Department of Medicine, 740 South Limestone, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 42:80-7. 2010..Moreover, calpain inhibition attenuates endotoxin-induced diaphragm weakness, suggesting that such inhibitors may be a potential treatment to improve respiratory muscle function in infected patients...
- p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase modulates endotoxin-induced diaphragm caspase activationGerry S Supinski
Department of Medicine, 740 South Limestone, K 528, Lexington, KY 40536 0284, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 43:121-7. 2010..001). p38 inhibitors also prevented endotoxin-induced diaphragm weakness (P < 0.001). p38 modulates cytokine-induced skeletal muscle caspase activation...