Affiliation: Medco Health Solutions
- What's needed for personalized therapy in smoking cessationR S Epstein
Medco Health Solutions, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 84:309-10. 2008..This approach could greatly improve the overall effectiveness of smoking-cessation agents and generate cost savings that might in turn have the effect of influencing more payers to cover these agents...
- Payer perspectives on pharmacogenomics testing and drug developmentRobert S Epstein
Medco Health Solutions, Inc, 100 Parsons Pond Drive, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417, USA
Pharmacogenomics 10:149-51. 2009..The panel was generally enthusiastic about the promise of the field to improve drug selection or dosing...
- Warfarin genotyping reduces hospitalization rates results from the MM-WES (Medco-Mayo Warfarin Effectiveness study)Robert S Epstein
Department of Medical and Analytical Affairs, Medco Health Solutions, Inc, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey 07417, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2804-12. 2010..This study was designed to determine whether genotype testing for patients initiating warfarin treatment will reduce the incidence of hospitalizations, including those due to bleeding or thromboembolism...
- Comparative effectiveness and personalized medicine: evolving together or apart?Robert Epstein
Medco ResearchInstitute, Medco Health Solutions, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:1783-7. 2010..Thus, comparative effectiveness research can help discern the appropriate role of personalized medicine in improving health care outcomes and rationalizing costs...
- Pharmacy benefit managers: evaluating clinical utility in the real worldR S Epstein
Medco Health Solutions, Inc, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:880-2. 2010..It is the unique “wired” interactive role in the health-care system that enables PBMs to play an emerging role in evaluating the clinical utility of biomarkers...