Katharine H McVeigh
- Integrating care for medical and mental illnessesLloyd I Sederer
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A33. 2006
- The epidemiology of nonspecific psychological distress in New York City, 2002 and 2003Katharine H McVeigh
Bureau of Epidemiology Services, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth Street, Rm 315, CN 6, New York, NY, 10013, USA
J Urban Health 83:394-405. 2006..The excess prevalence of NPD may be associated with substantial economic and societal burden. Research to understand the etiology of this high prevalence and interventions to promote mental health in NYC are indicated...
- Racial and ethnic differences in depression by partner status and the presence of children in the householdAviva G Schwarz
Bureau of Maternal, Infant, and Reproductive Health, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Long Island City, NY 1101 4132, USA
Womens Health Issues 22:e553-61. 2012..The goal of this study is to analyze the relationships among partner status, having children, and depression among women of White, Black, and Hispanic race/ethnicity...
- Victimization and health risk factors among weapon-carrying youthCatherine Stayton
Injury Surveillance and Prevention Program, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Bureau of Environmental Disease Prevention, New York, NY, USA
Am J Health Behav 35:654-63. 2011..To compare health risks of 2 subgroups of weapon carriers: victimized and nonvictimized youth...
- Prevalence, diagnosis, and treatment of depression and generalized anxiety disorder in a diverse urban communityR Charon Gwynn
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:641-7. 2008..This study assessed the prevalence, diagnosis, and treatment of major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder among New York City adults...
- Case fatality rates based on population estimates of influenza-like illness due to novel H1N1 influenza: New York City, May-June 2009James L Hadler
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, City of New York, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11677. 2010..New York City (NYC) experienced an intensive initial outbreak that peaked in late May, providing the need and opportunity to rapidly quantify the severity of nH1N1...
- Characterizing Adults Receiving Primary Medical Care in New York City: Implications for Using Electronic Health Records for Chronic Disease SurveillanceMatthew L Romo
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Long Island City, New York, and City University of New York School of Public Health, New York, New York
Prev Chronic Dis 13:E56. 2016..This study sought to describe the characteristics of an in-care population and compare them with those of a not-in-care population to inform interpretation of EHR data...
- Profiling risk of fear of an intimate partner among men and womenE Carolyn Olson
Division of Epidemiology, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 125 Worth Street, Room 315, CN 6, New York, NY 10013, USA
Prev Med 47:559-64. 2008..Fear of a partner, a component of intimate partner violence (IPV), can be used in clinical IPV assessment. This study examines correlates of fear in a population-based, urban sample to inform a gender-specific health care response to IPV...
- Dating violence, sexual assault, and suicide attempts among urban teenagersElyse Olshen
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:539-45. 2007..To evaluate the relationship between dating violence, sexual assault, and suicide attempts among urban adolescents...
- Barriers to employability among substance dependent and nonsubstance-affected women on federal welfare: implications for program designJon Morgenstern
The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, 633 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10017, USA
J Stud Alcohol 64:239-46. 2003..The characteristics of these women were compared to other women on welfare who did not have a substance use disorder...
- Significant psychological distress and contacts with mental health professionalsKatharine H McVeigh
Am J Public Health 96:954; author reply 954-5. 2006