- Simplifying likelihood ratiosSteven McGee
University of Washington Seattle Puget Sound VA Health Care System, Seattle, Wash 98108, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:646-9. 2002..Several examples illustrate how the clinician can use this method to refine diagnostic decisions at the bedside...
- Use of corticosteroids in treating infectious diseasesSteven McGee
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle Puget Sound Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1034-46. 2008..We conclude that corticosteroids are beneficial and safe for a wide variety of infections, although courses longer than 3 weeks should be withheld from patients with concomitant human immunodeficiency virus infection and low CD4 counts...
- Etiology and diagnosis of systolic murmurs in adultsSteven McGee
Primary and Specialty Medical Care, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Seattle, Wash, USA
Am J Med 123:913-921.e1. 2010..It is unknown whether echocardiography can provide insights into the origin of systolic murmurs and the modern value of bedside cardiovascular diagnosis...
- Cheyne-stokes breathing and reduced ejection fractionSteven McGee
General Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Am J Med 126:536-40. 2013..The accuracy of Cheyne-Stokes breathing as a sign of left ventricular dysfunction and its overall prognostic significance are unknown...
- Calculating likelihood ratios in patients with giant cell arteritisSteven McGee
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1341; author reply 1341. 2004