Phillip M Young
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Tips and tricks for MR angiography of pediatric and adult congenital cardiovascular diseasesPhillip M Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:980-8. 2013....
- Prospective comparison of cartesian acquisition with projection-like reconstruction magnetic resonance angiography with computed tomography angiography for evaluation of below-the-knee runoffPhillip M Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Mayo 2, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 24:392-9. 2013....
- MR imaging findings in 76 consecutive surgically proven cases of pericardial disease with CT and pathologic correlationPhillip M Young
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 28:1099-109. 2012..State of the art MR techniques can identify significant and distinct findings in patients with chronic recurrent pericarditis, constrictive pericarditis, and pericardial tumors...
- Intravaginal gel for staging of female pelvic cancers--preliminary report of safety, distention, and gel-mucosal contrast during magnetic resonance examinationPhillip Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 36:253-6. 2012..We present our preliminary clinical experience, including a review of safety imaging characteristics and maintenance of the distention during the examination...
- Complications of spinal instrumentationPhillip M Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 2400 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Radiographics 27:775-89. 2007..A basic knowledge of spinal biomechanics and common approaches to surgical instrumentation also may help radiologists anticipate and identify complications...
- Hypermetabolic activity in patients with active retroperitoneal fibrosis on F-18 FDG PET: report of three casesPhillip M Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL, 32256, USA
Ann Nucl Med 22:87-92. 2008..FDG PET may also be used in follow-up to assess therapeutic response if CT findings are unclear...
- Respiratory navigated free breathing 3D spoiled gradient-recalled echo sequence for contrast-enhanced examination of the liver: diagnostic utility and comparison with free breathing and breath-hold conventional examinationsPhillip M Young
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 195:687-91. 2010....
- Cardiac imaging: Part 2, normal, variant, and anomalous configurations of the coronary vasculaturePhillip M Young
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 197:816-26. 2011..This article will help radiologists learn and review normal coronary anatomy, normal variants, and coronary anomalies and recognize pitfalls, such as coronary veins and artifacts, that may be confusing when first encountered...
- High spatial and temporal resolution imaging of the arterial vasculature of the lower extremity with contrast enhanced MR angiographyPetrice M Mostardi
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Anat 24:478-88. 2011..High-quality diagnostic imaging is made possible with CAPR's advanced acquisition and reconstruction techniques and the use of specialized coil arrays...
- Imaging spectrum of bites, stings, and their complications: self-assessment moduleCatherine C Roberts
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 5777 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:S42-5. 2009..The educational objectives for this self-assessment module are for the participant to exercise, self-assess, and improve his or her understanding of the imaging spectrum of bites, stings, and their complications...
- High temporal and spatial resolution 3D time-resolved contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography of the hands and feetClifton R Haider
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 34:2-12. 2011..Modular receiver coil arrays are described which can be designed to the targeted vascular region. Images representative of the technique are generated in the vasculature of the hands and feet in volunteers and in patient studies...
- Contrast-enhanced MR angiography of the abdomen with highly accelerated acquisition techniquesPetrice M Mostardi
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Opus 2 133, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiology 261:587-97. 2011....
- Three-station three-dimensional bolus-chase MR angiography with real-time fluoroscopic trackingCasey P Johnson
From the Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa C P J and MR Research Laboratory and Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905 P T W, E A B, R C G, T C H, C C L, P J R, J F G, P M Y, S J R
Radiology 272:241-51. 2014..To determine the feasibility of using real-time fluoroscopic tracking for bolus-chase magnetic resonance (MR) angiography of peripheral vasculature to image three stations from the aortoiliac bifurcation to the pedal arteries...
- CT and MR imaging of the mitral valve: radiologic-pathologic correlationMichael F Morris
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiographics 30:1603-20. 2010..Supplemental material available at http://radiographics.rsna.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1148/rg.306105518/-/DC1...
- Max CAPR: high-resolution 3D contrast-enhanced MR angiography with acquisition times under 5 secondsClifton R Haider
MR Research Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Magn Reson Med 64:1171-81. 2010..It is further hypothesized that these short temporal footprint sequences provide diagnostic quality images. This is tested and shown in a series of nine contrast-enhanced MR angiography patient studies performed with the new method...
- Time-resolved dual-station calf-foot three-dimensional bolus chase MR angiography with fluoroscopic trackingCasey P Johnson
MR Research Laboratory and Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 36:1168-78. 2012..To refine, adapt, and evaluate the technical aspects of fluoroscopic tracking for generating dual-station high-spatial-resolution MR angiograms of the calves and feet using a single injection of contrast material...
- Image-guided placement of occipitocervical instrumentation using a reference arc attached to the headholderEric W Nottmeier
Department of Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Neurosurgery 66:138-42. 2010..To develop a safe and accurate method of image-guided placement of instrumentation in the upper cervical spine and occiput in which the reference arc is fixed to the headholder...
- Imaging Pandora's Box: incidental findings in elderly patients evaluated for transcatheter aortic valve replacementNicholas M Orme
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Mayo Clin Proc 89:747-53. 2014....
- Buildup of image quality in view-shared time-resolved 3D CE-MRACasey P Johnson
MR Research Laboratory and Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Magn Reson Med 70:348-57. 2013..A fundamental tradeoff between vessel signal and sharpness and its relationship to the sequence temporal footprint is investigated and discussed...
- Automatic selection of tube potential for radiation dose reduction in vascular and contrast-enhanced abdominopelvic CTLifeng Yu
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 201:W297-306. 2013..The purpose of this study is to assess the ability of a novel automatic tube potential selection tool to reduce radiation dose while maintaining diagnostic quality in CT angiography (CTA) and contrast-enhanced abdominopelvic CT...
- Cardiac MRI of acute coronary syndromeShamruz Akerem Khan
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, Southwest Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Future Cardiol 9:351-70. 2013..In this review, we present the relevant cardiac MRI techniques that can be used to detect ACS accurately, provide differential diagnosis, identify the sequelae of ACS, and determine prognostication after ACS...
- Index of biventricular interdependence calculated using cardiac MRI: a proof of concept study in patients with and without constrictive pericarditisNandan S Anavekar
Department of Medicine and Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Cardiovasc Imaging 29:363-9. 2013....
- Computed tomography as an alternative to catheter angiography prior to robotic mitral valve repairMichael F Morris
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 95:1354-9. 2013..The safety and utility of preoperative coronary CTA in patients undergoing robotic mitral valve repair is unknown...
- High temporal and spatial resolution imaging of peripheral vascular malformationsPetrice M Mostardi
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 36:933-42. 2012....
- Rosai-Dorfman disease presenting as multiple soft tissue massesPhillip M Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224 3899, USA
Skeletal Radiol 34:665-9. 2005..Although rare, Rosai-Dorfman disease should be considered in the differential diagnosis of patients presenting with multiple soft tissue masses...
- Vascular masking for improved unfolding in 2D SENSE-accelerated 3D contrast-enhanced MR angiographyEric G Stinson
Mayo Clinic, MR Laboratory, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 39:1161-70. 2014..To describe and evaluate the method we refer to as "vascular masking" for improving signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) retention in sensitivity encoding (SENSE)-accelerated contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (CE-MRA)...
- Putting the fat and water protons to work for you: a demonstration through clinical cases of how fat-water separation techniques can benefit your body MRI practiceJoshua W Rampton
1 Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st St, SW, Rochester, MN 55905
AJR Am J Roentgenol 201:1303-8. 2013....
- Quadricuspid aortic valve with ruptured sinus of ValsalvaShamruz Khan Akerem Khan
Division of Cardiac Imaging, Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cardiol Young 23:154-6. 2013..We showed the important role of multimodality imaging in diagnosing a quadricuspid aortic valve associated with ruptured sinus of Valsalva...
- Placement of thoracolumbar pedicle screws using three-dimensional image guidance: experience in a large patient cohortEric W Nottmeier
Departments of Neurosurgery, University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 10:33-9. 2009..The goal of this study was to analyze the placement accuracy and complications of thoracolumbar pedicle screws (PSs) inserted using 3D image guidance in a large patient cohort...
- Imaging spectrum of bites, stings, and their complications: pictorial reviewPhillip M Young
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:S31-41, Quiz S42-5. 2009..The purpose of this article is to provide a brief overview of the epidemiology of animal-related injuries, with a focus on imaging manifestations of soft-tissue injury using multiple techniques in a pictorial review format...
- Unveiling nonischemic cardiomyopathies with cardiac magnetic resonanceNiti R Aggarwal
Department of Internal, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 12:217-39. 2014..This review covers the role of cardiac MRI in evaluation of nonischemic cardiomyopathies, particularly in the context of other diagnostic and prognostic imaging modalities. ..
- CT and MRI assessment of the aortic root and ascending aortaLaura A Freeman
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 200:W581-92. 2013..We also discuss findings that can assist in preoperative planning and in detecting underlying connective tissue disorders...
- Radiation dose reduction in CT coronary angiographyBrian P Shapiro
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 12:59-67. 2010..The purpose of this article is to describe techniques that can reduce radiation dose to patients during CCTA but maintain diagnostic image quality...
- Increased radiotracer uptake on positron emission tomography after invasive thoracic procedures: a case seriesEmir Festic
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:1060-4. 2007....
- Magnetic Resonance Elastography: A Novel Technique for the Detection of Hepatic Fibrosis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma After the Fontan OperationJoseph T Poterucha
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Electronic address
Mayo Clin Proc 90:882-94. 2015..To evaluate the utility of magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) in screening patients for hepatic fibrosis, cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma after the Fontan operation...
- Postoperative annular pseudocyst: report of two cases with an unusual complication after microdiscectomy, and successful treatment by percutaneous aspiration and steroid injectionPhillip M Young
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Spine J 9:e9-e15. 2009..After microdiscectomy for extruded disc fragments, patients may develop recurrent symptoms from numerous causes. Postoperative annular pseudocysts represent a unique entity not previously described in the medical literature...