Holenarasipur R Vikram
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Infective endocarditis: prognostic stratification and indications for valve surgeryHolenarasipur R Vikram
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85054, USA
Indian Heart J 59:118-23. 2007..Our current understanding of these controversial issues will be reviewed in this paper...
- Clinical progression of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus vertebral osteomyelitis associated with reduced susceptibility to daptomycinHolenarasipur R Vikram
Section of Infectious Diseases, Hopital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:5384-7. 2005..Herein we describe a patient in whom methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with reduced susceptibility to daptomycin was responsible for bacteremia and progressive vertebral osteomyelitis during daptomycin therapy...
- Coccidioidomycosis in transplant recipients: a primer for clinicians in nonendemic areasHolenarasipur R Vikram
Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona 85054, USA
Curr Opin Organ Transplant 14:606-12. 2009..We provide clinical, diagnostic, and management approaches for clinicians in nonendemic areas who might encounter coccidioidomycosis in transplant recipients...
- Esophageal perforation as a complication of esophagogastroduodenoscopyNisha L Bhatia
Division of Hospital Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Hosp Med 3:256-62. 2008..A wide spectrum of management options exist, ranging from conservative treatment to surgical intervention. Prompt recognition and management, within 24 hours of perforation, is critical for favorable outcomes...
- 2009 H1N1 influenza in hospitalized transplant recipientsMaria Teresa A Seville
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Transplantation 90:571-4. 2010..There are limited reports of 2009 H1N1 influenza in transplant recipients. We report on our experience with hospitalized transplant recipients with 2009 H1N1 influenza virus...
- Chronic invasive sinus aspergillosis in immunocompetent hosts: a geographic comparisonBrandon J Webb
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mycopathologia 170:403-10. 2010..To investigate potential differences in clinical presentation, histopathology, and outcomes of chronic invasive sinus aspergillosis (CISA) based on geographic region and species of Aspergillus isolated...
- Surgery for pulmonary coccidioidomycosis: a 10-year experienceDawn E Jaroszewski
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1765-72. 2009..The fungal infection can result in pulmonary sequelae, including nodules, cavities, and complications requiring treatment by the thoracic surgeon...
- Thymidine auxotrophic Staphylococcus aureus small-colony variant endocarditis and left ventricular assist device infectionAwele Maduka-Ezeh
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:1102-5. 2012..We describe a thymidine-dependent small-colony variant of Staphylococcus aureus associated with left ventricular assist device infection and prosthetic valve and pacemaker endocarditis...
- Discontinuation of contact precautions for patients no longer colonized with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusHolenarasipur R Vikram
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:541-3. 2010..Twenty-one (21%) of 98 patients were no longer colonized and were removed from contact precautions...
- Opportunistic infections in patients with pulmonary alveolar proteinosisAnkit D Punatar
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ, USA
J Infect 65:173-9. 2012..To describe the demographics, clinical manifestations, treatment, and outcomes of patients with pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) who developed an opportunistic infection with Nocardia spp., mycobacteria or fungal pathogens...
- Diagnosis and management of empyemaHolenarasipur R Vikram
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Curr Clin Top Infect Dis 22:196-213. 2002
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery for patients with pulmonary coccidioidomycosisAwais Ashfaq
Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Ariz
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 148:1217-23. 2014..The study objective was to evaluate the use of video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery for removal of pulmonary sequelae of the fungal infection coccidioidomycosis...
- Bivalvular Bartonella henselae prosthetic valve endocarditisHolenarasipur R Vikram
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic Phoenix Campus, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:4081-4. 2007..The patient had a favorable outcome with combined medical and surgical therapy. Concomitant crescentic glomerulonephritis led to an initial mistaken diagnosis of Wegener's granulomatosis...
- Extrapulmonary tuberculosis: an overviewMarjorie P Golden
Yale University School of Medicine and Hospital of Saint Raphael, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:1761-8. 2005..Adjunctive corticosteroids may be beneficial in patients with tuberculous meningitis, tuberculous pericarditis, or miliary tuberculosis with refractory hypoxemia...
- Impact of valve surgery on 6-month mortality in adults with complicated, left-sided native valve endocarditis: a propensity analysisHolenarasipur R Vikram
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06520, USA
JAMA 290:3207-14. 2003..Complicated, left-sided native valve endocarditis causes significant morbidity and mortality in adults. The presumed benefits of valve surgery remain unproven due to lack of randomized controlled trials...
- Severe Legionella pneumophila pneumonia in a patient with iron overloadHolenarasipur R Vikram
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Hospital of St Raphael, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 34:772-4. 2002..This report emphasizes the importance of early consideration of and appropriate therapy against Legionella for patients with iron overload who present with community-acquired pneumonia...
- The long and short of vegetations in infective endocarditisHolenarasipur R Vikram
Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther 5:529-33. 2007