Jonathan H Smith
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Triggerless neuralgic otalgia: a case series and systematic literature reviewJonathan H Smith
Mayo Clinic, Department of Neurology, MN 55905, USA
Cephalalgia 33:914-23. 2013..Current International Headache Society (IHS) International Classification of Headache Disorders, second edition (ICHD-2) criteria for these cranial neuralgias require the presence of a characteristic trigger...
- Catatonic disorder due to a general medical or psychiatric conditionJonathan H Smith
Department of Neurology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 24:198-207. 2012..Prospective evaluation across a larger patient series will be required to better identify patients with catatonia who would benefit from neurologic evaluation...
- Inability to self-report pain after a stroke: a population-based studyJonathan H Smith
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Pain 154:1281-6. 2013..Attempts to validate observational pain scales for poststroke patients should focus on those individuals with aphasia and/or depressed levels of consciousness...
- Longitudinal associations of migraine and depressive symptoms: a cohort analysisJustin S Moon
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Psychosomatics 54:317-27. 2013..While the association between migraine and depression has been well established, there is very little information as to whether effective prophylactic treatment of migraine correlates with improvement in comorbid depression...
- Primary headache syndromes in systemic mastocytosisJonathan H Smith
Mayo Clinic, Department of Neurology, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cephalalgia 31:1522-31. 2011..To investigate the relationship between clinical mast cell activity and primary headache syndromes...
- Numbness matters: a clinical review of trigeminal neuropathyJonathan H Smith
Mayo Clinic, USA
Cephalalgia 31:1131-44. 2011..Complications and management issues specific to patients with trigeminal neuropathy are discussed...
- Cerebrovascular consequences of pseudohyperaldosteronismJonathan H Smith
Department of Neurology, Medical Genetics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 14:547-52. 2012..In addition to strict blood pressure control, patients with PHA should have early evaluation and treatment of other vascular risk factors to reduce the risk of stroke...
- Episodic status migrainosus: A novel migraine subtypeTarun D Singh
1 Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Cephalalgia . 2017..This migraine subtype appears to have similar clinical characteristics to episodic migraine with or without aura, except for a notably high tendency to progress to chronic migraine...
- Neurologic symptoms and diagnosis in adults with mast cell diseaseJonathan H Smith
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 200 Second Street, Rochester, MN 55905, United States
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 113:570-4. 2011..To identify complications of mastocytosis that impact the nervous system across a large cohort...
- 15th International Headache Congress: basic science highlightsF Michael Cutrer
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Headache 52:851-8. 2012..This is a review of some of the most exciting platform and poster presentations of the meeting. Research addressing 3 general areas of interest is presented in this review: pathophysiology, pharmacology, and genetics...
- Human studies in the pathophysiology of migraine: genetics and functional neuroimagingF Michael Cutrer
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Headache 53:401-12. 2013..These 2 parallel approaches provide complementary insights into the complexity and heterogeneity of migraine...