Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Pivotal ERIVANCE basal cell carcinoma (BCC) study: 12-month update of efficacy and safety of vismodegib in advanced BCCAleksandar Sekulic
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona Electronic address
J Am Acad Dermatol 72:1021-6.e8. 2015....
- Advanced basal cell carcinoma of the skin: targeting the hedgehog pathwayAleksandar Sekulic
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 25:218-23. 2013..This article provides an update on basal cell carcinoma (BCC), with a focus on the advanced BCC (aBCC), and the recent progress with targeted hedgehog signaling pathway inhibition for treatment of aBCC...
- Malignant melanoma in the 21st century: the emerging molecular landscapeAleksandar Sekulic
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 83:825-46. 2008..We review the emerging molecular landscape of melanoma and its implications for better management of patients with melanoma...
- Efficacy and safety of vismodegib in advanced basal-cell carcinomaAleksandar Sekulic
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
N Engl J Med 366:2171-9. 2012..A phase 1 study of vismodegib (GDC-0449), a first-in-class, small-molecule inhibitor of the hedgehog pathway, showed a 58% response rate among patients with advanced basal-cell carcinoma...
- Risk Factors Predicting Positive Margins at Primary Wide Local Excision of Cutaneous MelanomaAaron R Mangold
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona Division of Dermatology, LewisGale Hospital Montgomery, Blacksburg, Virginia Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona
Dermatol Surg 42:646-52. 2016..A small percentage of patients will have positive histological margins after primary wide local excision (WLE) of cutaneous melanoma (CM). Risk factors that predict marginal involvement at WLE remain unclear...
- The impact of biopsy technique on upstaging, residual disease, and outcome in cutaneous melanomaGenevieve L Egnatios
Department of Dermatology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Am J Surg 202:771-7; discussion 777-8. 2011..Herein, we examine the influence of biopsy technique on residual disease in melanoma WLE specimens and on upstaging...