Beth K Rush
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Accounting for cognitive aging: context processing, inhibition or processing speed?Beth K Rush
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, USA
Neuropsychol Dev Cogn B Aging Neuropsychol Cogn 13:588-610. 2006..The sensitivity of the AX-CPT to cognitive aging is discussed in the context of existing theories of cognitive aging. The authors suggest that deficits in context processing and utilization may underlie cognitive aging phenomena...
- Behavioral symptoms in long-term survivors of ischemic strokeBeth K Rush
Division of Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 19:326-32. 2010..Future research is needed to understand how the identification of behavioral symptoms after stroke can improve care in stroke survivors...
- Cerebellar c9RAN proteins associate with clinical and neuropathological characteristics of C9ORF72 repeat expansion carriersTania F Gendron
Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, 32224, USA
Acta Neuropathol 130:559-73. 2015..Overall, these data indicate that cerebellar abnormalities, as evidenced by poly(GP) accumulation, associate with neuropathological and clinical phenotypes, in particular cognitive impairment, of C9ORF72 mutation carriers. ..
- Characterization of frontotemporal dementia and/or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis associated with the GGGGCC repeat expansion in C9ORF72Bradley F Boeve
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Brain 135:765-83. 2012..While variability exists, most cases with this mutation have a characteristic spectrum of demographic, clinical, neuropsychological, neuroimaging and especially neuropathological findings...
- Self-assessment of impairment, impaired self-awareness, and depression after traumatic brain injuryJames F Malec
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 22:156-66. 2007..To identify patient features associated with early and late depression after traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Difficulty and discrimination parameters of Boston naming test items in a consecutive clinical seriesOtto Pedraza
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 26:434-44. 2011..These findings may be used to develop short forms, improve reliability in future test versions by replacing psychometrically poor items, and analyze profiles of intra-individual variability...
- Context processing and context maintenance in healthy aging and early stage dementia of the Alzheimer's typeTodd S Braver
Department of Psychology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Psychol Aging 20:33-46. 2005..The results suggest that context processing may be composed of functionally dissociable components and point to the utility of this construct in understanding the timecourse of cognitive decline in healthy and pathological aging...