Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Anesthetic pharmacology and perioperative considerations for heart transplantationHarish Ramakrishna
Department of Anesthesiology, 5777 East Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Curr Clin Pharmacol 10:3-21. 2015....
- Pulmonary hypertension in the perioperative period-focus on current and emerging therapiesHarish Ramakrishna
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov 9:38-50. 2014..In this article, we will focus on the current status of intravenous and inhaled therapy of these conditions, including concerned recent patents. ..
- Incidental TOE finding--Carpentier mitral annuloplasty ring dehiscence during heart transplantationHarish Ramakrishna
Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Mayo Clinic Hospital, 5777 East Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 11:49-50. 2008
- Recent advances in pulmonary hypertension therapyHarish Ramakrishna
Division of Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology, Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona 85054, USA
Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov 3:28-36. 2008..This review will focus on some of the advances in the pharmacology of inhaled drugs that are being used to treat pulmonary hypertension, right and left ventricular failure in the perioperative setting...
- Adult cardiac transplantation: a review of perioperative management Part-IHarish Ramakrishna
Department of Anesthesiology, Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Division, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 12:71-8. 2009..This review will focus on the anaesthetic challenges involved in the perioperative management of these complex patients as well as some of the proposed alternatives to transplantation...
- Adult cardiac transplantation: a review of perioperative management (part-II)Harish Ramakrishna
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Arizona 85054, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 12:155-65. 2009..This part II will be a comprehensive review of the current status of mechanical assist device therapy for surgical management of the patient with refractory end-stage heart failure...
- A core review of temperature regimens and neuroprotection during cardiopulmonary bypass: does rewarming rate matter?Alina M Grigore
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Hospital, 5777 East Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Anesth Analg 109:1741-51. 2009..In this article, we review the literature regarding the impact of hypothermia and rewarming rates during cardiac surgery...
- Current approach to diagnosis and treatment of delirium after cardiac surgeryAdam S Evans
Department of Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 19:328-37. 2016..This review highlights the perioperative risk factors, tools to assist in diagnosing delirium, and current pharmacological and nonpharmacological therapy options. ..
- Spontaneous, Postpartum Coronary Artery Dissection and Cardiogenic Shock with Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Assisted Recovery in a 30-Year-Old PatientKathleen E Knapp
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, 5777 E Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Case Rep Cardiol 2016:1048708. 2016..We believe this is the first reported case in which venoarterial extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (VA-ECMO) was used in the management of biventricular heart failure in a postpartum patient with SCAD. ..
- Sodium bicarbonate use and the risk of hypernatremia in thoracic aortic surgical patients with metabolic acidosis following deep hypothermic circulatory arrestKamrouz Ghadimi
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 19:454-62. 2016....
- Randomized trial of epidural vs. subcutaneous catheters for managing pain after modified Nuss in adultsDawn E Jaroszewski
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
J Thorac Dis 8:2102-10. 2016..We designed this prospective, randomized trial to compare postoperative pain management and outcomes between thoracic epidural analgesia (TEA) and bilateral subcutaneous infusion pump catheters (On-Q)...
- Lung transplantation: perioperative pharmacology and anesthetic considerationsEduardo S Rodrigues
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224
Curr Clin Pharmacol 10:22-34. 2015..The purpose of this review is to summarize the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the medications most commonly administered to this patient population, throughout the perioperative period. ..
- The year in cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesia: selected highlights from 2012Harish Ramakrishna
Cardiac Anesthesia, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 27:86-91. 2013..The year 2012 has witnessed the emergence of new paradigms of care in our specialty with the emphasis on teamwork, safety, and quality. These processes will further improve perioperative outcome...
- Emergent cardiopulmonary bypass during pectus excavatum repairRyan Craner
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Ann Card Anaesth 16:205-8. 2013..This includes available cardiac surgical backup, perfusionist support and adequate blood product availability. ..
- Clinical update in cardiac imaging including echocardiographyHarish Ramakrishna
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 24:371-8. 2010..Recent evidence also supports tricuspid annuloplasty for an annular diameter >35 mm regardless of regurgitation severity. Although repair is preferred, tricuspid replacement also has acceptable outcomes...
- Ondansetron and carpopedal spasmHarish Ramakrishna
Can J Anaesth 55:55-6. 2008