Robert H Nelson
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Kinetics of saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated fatty acids in humansRobert H Nelson
Endocrine Research Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, Diabetes, and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes 62:783-8. 2013..Linoleate clearance is greater than that of palmitate or oleate, indicating a need for caution when using a single FFA to infer the behavior of all fatty acids...
- Hyperlipidemia as a risk factor for cardiovascular diseaseRobert H Nelson
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Family Medicine, Mayo College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Prim Care 40:195-211. 2013....
- Spillover of Fatty acids during dietary fat storage in type 2 diabetes: relationship to body fat depots and effects of weight lossJaime P Almandoz
Endocrine Research Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes 62:1897-903. 2013..27, P = 0.38) negatively predicted decreases in spillover with weight loss. These results indicate that spillover, a measure of inefficiency in dietary fat storage, is inversely associated with lower body fat in type 2 diabetes...
- Splanchnic spillover of extracellular lipase-generated fatty acids in overweight and obese humansRobert H Nelson
Endocrine Research Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, Diabetes and Nutrition, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Diabetes 56:2878-84. 2007..The present study was undertaken to determine whether spillover occurs in the splanchnic bed of humans...
- Effect of insulin infusion on spillover of meal-derived fatty acidsKalpana Muthusamy
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:4201-5. 2012..Spillover of chylomicron triglyceride fatty acids directly into the circulation as free fatty acids (FFAs) during lipoprotein lipase hydrolysis may contribute to the elevated total FFAs seen in insulin-resistant states...
- Intravenous niacin acutely improves the efficiency of dietary fat storage in lean and obese humansRobert H Nelson
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes 61:3172-5. 2012..Infusion of intravenous niacin provides a model for acutely improving dietary fat storage, perhaps by suppressing lipolysis in visceral adipose tissue...
- Myocardial uptake of circulating triglycerides in nondiabetic patients with heart diseaseRobert H Nelson
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Diabetes 56:527-30. 2007..5%). These results indicate that circulating triglycerides may be a significant source of fatty acids for myocardial respiration...
- The use of orlistat in the treatment of obesity, dyslipidaemia and Type 2 diabetesRobert H Nelson
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 6:2483-91. 2005..Orlistat should only be prescribed for individuals who are motivated to adhere to lifestyle modifications, especially dietary fat restriction...
- Triglyceride uptake and lipoprotein lipase-generated fatty acid spillover in the splanchnic bed of dogsRobert H Nelson
Endocrine Research Unit, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Diabetes 56:1850-5. 2007..005), the latter representing calculation of spillover between arterial and hepatic venous blood without portal venous data. Metabolism of chylomicron triglycerides in visceral fat may be an important source of portal venous FFAs...