Peter M Murray
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Soft tissue sarcoma of the upper extremityPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Division of Hand and Microvascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Hand Clin 20:325-33, vii. 2004..Following wide tumor resection, adjuvant therapies such as chemotherapy, external beam radiation therapy, and brachytherapy may lessen local recurrence rates, but their effect on overall survival remains unclear...
- The mechanism of ulnar-sided perilunate instability of the wrist: a cadaveric study and 6 clinical casesPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedics, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
J Hand Surg Am 37:721-8. 2012..To define the mechanism of ulnar-sided perilunate instability using a cadaveric model and correlate these biomechanical findings with 6 clinical cases...
- Surface replacement arthroplasty of the proximal interphalangeal jointPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:899-904. 2007..In general, patients with inflammatory disorders, collateral ligament insufficiency, and acute or chronic PIPJ septic arthritis are poor candidates for PIPJ surface replacement arthroplasty...
- Current concepts in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis of the distal radioulnar jointPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road South, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Hand Clin 27:49-55. 2011..The long-term effectiveness of DRUJ arthroplasty is currently unknown...
- Prosthetic replacement of the proximal interphalangeal jointPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hand Clin 22:201-6. 2006..It is generally believed that a PIPJ surface replacement arthro-plasty that preserves the collateral ligaments will achieve greater PIPJ stability...
- A metric to evaluate the comparative performance of an institution's graduate medical education programPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Acad Med 84:212-9. 2009..This scorecard is flexible; modifications of the relative weights of the metrics can be made to align it with the strategic priorities of other institutions. The resources necessary to implement the scorecard are minimal...
- Diagnosis and treatment of longitudinal instability of the forearmPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32225, USA
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg 9:29-34. 2005..Successful treatment of radioulnar dissociation is predicated on early diagnosis of the condition...
- Free vascularized bone transfer in limb salvage surgery of the upper extremityPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hand Clin 20:vi, 203-11. 2004..Free vascularized bone grafting procedures provide the appealing option of transferring living bone based on a vascular pedicle...
- Disorders of the distal radioulnar jointPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Instr Course Lect 59:295-311. 2010..Salvage of a DRUJ with degenerative arthritis generally requires resection arthrodesis. Implant arthroplasty has recently received attention, but further scrutiny of mid- and long-term results is needed...
- Long-term outcomes of proximal interphalangeal joint surface replacement arthroplastyPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Road South, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:1120-8. 2012....
- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the distal radius: a case reportPeter J L Jebson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0328, USA
J Hand Surg Am 29:194-200. 2004..Resection combined with autogenous fibular grafting and adjuvant chemotherapy appears to be an acceptable method for treating malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the distal radius in this patient...
- New-generation implant arthroplasties of the finger jointsPeter M Murray
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Division of Hand and Microsurgery, The Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 11:295-301. 2003..A proximal interphalangeal joint implant that preserves the collateral ligaments also can achieve improved stability. Component loosening is not an early complication with these recent designs, and arc of motion is satisfactory...
- Long-term follow-up of an undiagnosed trans-scaphoid perilunate dislocation demonstrating articular remodeling and functional adaptationElizabeth A Bathala
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:1020-3. 2007..At follow-up, unique post-traumatic articular remodeling was seen on wrist radiographs, and the patient had only a mild functional deficit...
- Radioscapholunate arthrodesisPeter M Murray
Division of Hand and Microvascular Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, 200 1st SW, Rochester, MN 52242, USA
Hand Clin 21:561-6. 2005..Internal fixation with plates and screws and distal scaphoid excision are technical alternatives to consider when an RSL arthrodesis is performed...
- Accuracy and Validity of Goniometer and Visual Assessments of Angular Joint Positions of the Hand and WristKimberly H McVeigh
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
J Hand Surg Am 41:e21-35. 2016..We hypothesized that visual estimation would be similar to the goniometric measurement accuracy of digital and wrist joint positions...
- Extensive cutaneous metastatic breast carcinoma of the hand and upper extremity: a case reportFrederick P French
Department of General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Plastic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Hand Surg Am 32:252-5. 2007..The presentation, pathogenesis, incidence, prognosis, management, and differential diagnosis of cutaneous metastatic breast carcinoma to the hand and upper limb are discussed...
- Evaluation of collateral ligament injuries of the metacarpophalangeal joints with magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance arthrographyJeffrey J Peterson
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 36:11-20. 2007..Imaging of the collateral ligaments requires small fields of view and several technical considerations can provide improved image quality. These factors will be discussed and illustrated in this article...
- Transesophageal echocardiography for detection of propagating, massive emboli during prosthetic hip fracture surgeryTimothy S J Shine
Division of Anesthesia Services, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida 32224, USA
Iowa Orthop J 30:211-4. 2010..We present a rare case of fatal intraoperative fat embolization diagnosed with trans-esophageal echocardiography...
- Palmar fasciitis and arthritis syndrome associated with metastatic ovarian carcinoma: a report of four casesEdgar A Martorell
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Hand Surg Am 29:654-60. 2004..Digital contractures, however, can persist. We recommend a gynecologic examination in any woman presenting with the sudden onset of unexplained hand pain, palmar inflammatory fasciitis, palmar fibromatosis, and digital contractures...
- The efficacy of magnetic resonance imaging and ultrasound in detecting disruptions of the forearm interosseous membrane: a cadaver studyEric W Fester
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, USA
J Hand Surg Am 27:418-24. 2002..There was no statistical significance between the accuracy of MRI and US. We conclude that MRI and US imaging should both be considered when forearm interosseous membrane integrity is in question...