K O Leslie
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Pulmonary pathology of the rheumatic diseasesKevin O Leslie
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 28:369-78. 2007..The most common pleuropulmonary pathological manifestations of the five major RDs are presented and discussed with brief radiological correlations...
- Familial idiopathic interstitial pneumonia: histopathology and survival in 30 patientsKevin O Leslie
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 136:1366-76. 2012..Prevailing wisdom suggests that the histopathology of F-IIP is indistinguishable from that of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, namely, usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP)...
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis may be a disease of recurrent, tractional injury to the periphery of the aging lung: a unifying hypothesis regarding etiology and pathogenesisKevin O Leslie
Department of Laboratory Medicineand Pathology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 136:591-600. 2012..Despite 50 years of accrued data about the disease, little progress has been made in slowing functional loss or in decreasing patient mortality...
- Immunodetection of occult eosinophils in lung tissue biopsies may help predict survival in acute lung injuryLian Willetts
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Respir Res 12:116. 2011..We hypothesized that occult eosinophilic pneumonia may explain better outcomes for some patients with ALI...
- My approach to interstitial lung disease using clinical, radiological and histopathological patternsK O Leslie
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
J Clin Pathol 62:387-401. 2009....
- Transbronchial biopsy interpretation in the patient with diffuse parenchymal lung diseaseKevin O Leslie
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:407-23. 2007....
- Pulmonary pathology for the clinicianKevin O Leslie
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Clin Chest Med 27:S1-10, v. 2006..This pattern-based histopathologic technique fosters close interaction between pulmonologists and general pathologists during the evaluation of the patient who has interstitial lung disease and has undergone surgical biopsy...
- Historical perspective: a pathologic approach to the classification of idiopathic interstitial pneumoniasKevin O Leslie
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 128:513S-519S. 2005..By distinguishing IPF from other clinicopathologic entities, clinicians should be better able to identify optimal treatment strategies and hopefully to improve patient outcomes...
- Pathology of interstitial lung diseaseKevin O Leslie
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Clin Chest Med 25:657-703, vi. 2004..In this article, these idiopathic disorders are discussed in the context of their dominant pathologic findings rather than presented as a separate group of entities...
- A common presentation with a rare causeJ C Cutz
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Eur Respir J 30:594-7. 2007
- Assessment of bone biopsy needles for sample size, specimen quality and ease of useC C Roberts
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 13400 E Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Skeletal Radiol 34:329-35. 2005..To assess whether there are significant differences in ease of use and quality of samples among several bone biopsy needles currently available...
- Histological and biomechanical evaluation of implanted graft materials in a rabbit vaginal and abdominal modelWesley S Hilger
Division of Gynecologic Surgery, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1826-31. 2006..The objective of the study was to describe the histologic and biomechanical changes of implanted dermal collagen graft materials...
- A case of gait unsteadiness--an atypical manifestation of an unusual diseaseBrent P Goodman
Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
Lancet Neurol 6:1029-32. 2007
- Chronic expanding hematoma of the thigh simulating neoplasm on gadolinium-enhanced MRIPatrick T Liu
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:254-7. 2006..We present the unusual case of a patient who had a chronic expanding hematoma of the calf that demonstrated nodular internal enhancement on gadolinium-enhanced MRI, simulating a neoplasm...
- Successful treatment with voriconazole of fungal cerebral abscess due to Cladophialophora bantianaMark K Lyons
Department of Neurological Surgery, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 13600 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 107:532-4. 2005..bantiana fungal infections have become more common in recent years. Aggressive and continuous treatment with voriconazole may offer an improved chance of survival in these patients...
- Renal ischemia time in laparoscopic surgery: an experimental study in a porcine modelMitchell R Humphreys
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona
Int J Urol 16:105-9. 2009..It is currently unknown if laparoscopic surgery alters the accepted 30 min threshold for renal ischemia. The purpose of this study was to define the normothermic ischemic threshold in the laparoscopic setting...
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma metastatic to the lung: a detailed analysis of 16 patientsMarie Christine Aubry
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:440-9. 2002..Metastatic ESS should be included in the differential diagnosis of nonepithelial neoplasms in women...
- CT-guided biopsy of perivascular tumor encasement using simultaneous IV contrast enhancementJoseph M Collins
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:W283-7. 2009..The purpose of our study was to describe and review the accuracy of a novel technique for difficult biopsy of arterial tumor encasement using simultaneous IV contrast enhancement and helical CT guidance for coaxial core needle biopsies...
- Pathology of the idiopathic interstitial pneumoniasK O Leslie
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Exp Lung Res 31:23-40. 2005
- Pathologic approach to pulmonary hemorrhageT V Colby
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 5:309-19. 2001..The most common causes of diffuse alveolar hemorrhage and clues to their clinically pathologic diagnosis are discussed...
- Diffuse pulmonary disease caused by nontuberculous mycobacteria in immunocompetent people (hot tub lung)A Khoor
Department of Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 115:755-62. 2001..These findings suggest that disease due to NTM may manifest as diffuse infiltrates in immunocompetent adults and that hot tub use may be an important risk factor for this disease pattern...
- Changes in tensile strength of cadaveric human fascia lata after implantation in a rabbit vagina modelAndrew J Walter
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
J Urol 169:1907-10; discussion 1910. 2003..We determined changes in tensile properties after vaginal implantation of human cadaveric fascia lata...
- Surgical pathology of granulomatous interstitial pneumoniaOi Yee Cheung
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 7:127-38. 2003..These features, along with the results of cultures and special stains for micro-organisms and clinical and radiologic correlation allow for a diagnosis in the vast majority of cases...
- Endometriosis-associated invasive adenocarcinoma involving the rectum in a postmenopausal female: report of a caseP M Magtibay
Section of Surgical Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 44:1530-3. 2001..Aggressive surgical extirpation of all visible colorectal endometriosis for patients with advanced disease is recommended...
- Upper lobe pulmonary fibrosis associated with high-dose chemotherapy containing BCNU for bone marrow transplantationJames M Parish
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 13400 Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:630-4. 2003..Bilateral upper lobe pulmonary fibrosis can be associated with chemotherapeutic drugs...
- Histologic evaluation of human cadaveric fascia lata in a rabbit vagina modelAndrew J Walter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:136-42. 2006..Cadaveric fascia lata serves as scaffolding for host tissue incorporation with replacement by host collagen...
- Pulmonary crystal-storing histiocytomaDiana N Ionescu
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1159-63. 2005..A practical algorithm is presented for the assessment of solitary lung masses composed of large histiocytic cells...
- Endocarditis caused by Coccidioides speciesChristina S Reuss
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 79:1451-4. 2004..The infection was fatal in 4 of the 6 patients whose cases we reviewed. We conclude that coccidioidal endocarditis is an uncommon manifestation of Coccidioides infection that connotes a poor prognosis...
- Wide local excision and split-thickness skin graft for circumferential Paget's disease of the anusShawn D St Peter
Department of Surgery, Section of Colorectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 East Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Am J Surg 187:413-6. 2004..Our aim was to evaluate the results of wide local excision followed by split-thickness skin graft for circumferential perianal Paget's disease...
- Image of the month. Pseudomembranous enterocolitisShawn D St Peter
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Arch Surg 139:565-6. 2004
- Primary pleural epithelioid hemangioendothelioma with rhabdoid phenotype: report and review of the literatureAnjali Saqi
Department of Pathology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, 520 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 35:203-8. 2007..We report the occurrence of pleural EHE with rhabdoid features presenting in a pleural effusion, and review the literature of primary serosal EHEs...
- Pulmonary hemangiomas of infancy and childhood: report of two cases and review of the literatureNeil A Abrahams
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation L 2 5, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 5:283-92. 2002..The distinction from other vascular neoplasms of childhood is briefly described. Although rare, pulmonary hemangiomas should be entertained in the diagnosis of both solid and cystic intrapulmonary lesions of childhood and infancy...
- Multifocal microcysts and papillary cystadenoma of the lung in von Hippel-Lindau diseaseJulianne Klein
St Boniface General Hospital, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1292-6. 2007..Molecular genetic studies confirmed the presence of a VHL gene mutation in the cells of this lesion. We discuss the salient features of this novel lesion, and hypothesize on its origin and nature...
- Pathology of the pleuraJohn C English
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clin Chest Med 27:157-80. 2006..In this article, the authors explore the pathologic manifestations of the many conditions that primarily or secondarily affect the pleura...
- "Benign," metastasizing adenomyoepithelioma of the breast: a report of 2 casesCelina M Nadelman
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif 90095, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1349-53. 2006..Perhaps, classification of adenomyoepitheliomas should be changed to recognize those neoplasms with malignant behavior...