George P Kim
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Prognostic and predictive roles of high-degree microsatellite instability in colon cancer: a National Cancer Institute-National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Collaborative StudyGeorge P Kim
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project NSABP Operations and Biostatistical Centers, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:767-72. 2007..The role of high-degree microsatellite instability (MSI-H) as a marker to predict benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy remains unclear...
- Treatment options for hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancerSteven R Alberts
Division of Medical Oncology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 82:628-37. 2007..For pancreatic cancer, surgery, radiation, and systemic therapy all have potential roles. This review provides an updated summary of diagnosis and assessment together with treatment options for this group of cancers...
- Targeting colorectal cancer with human anti-EGFR monoclonocal antibodies: focus on panitumumabGeorge P Kim
College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic
Biologics 2:223-8. 2008..This paper reviews the development of this agent and the pivotal clinical trials that help our understanding of its optimal use in colorectal cancer treatment...
- An international, multicenter phase II trial of bortezomib in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaGeorge P Kim
Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:387-94. 2012..This phase II study evaluated the activity and tolerability of bortezomib in unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) patients...
- Oxaliplatin in the treatment of colorectal cancerGeorge P Kim
Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32082, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 3:281-94. 2007..Future challenges with the use of oxaliplatin include defining strategies to optimize its use while avoiding treatment-limiting neurotoxicity and identification of markers predictive of response...
- Phase III noninferiority trial comparing irinotecan with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin in patients with advanced colorectal carcinoma previously treated with fluorouracil: N9841George P Kim
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2848-54. 2009..Cross-over to the other treatment on disease progression was mandated...
- Association of obesity with DNA mismatch repair status and clinical outcome in patients with stage II or III colon carcinoma participating in NCCTG and NSABP adjuvant chemotherapy trialsFrank A Sinicrope
North Central Cancer Treatment Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:406-12. 2012..Although the importance of obesity in colon cancer risk and outcome is recognized, the association of body mass index (BMI) with DNA mismatch repair (MMR) status is unknown...
- Enhancing oxaliplatin-based regimens in colorectal cancer by inhibiting the epidermal growth factor receptor pathwayGeorge P Kim
Division of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic Jacksonville, FL, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:S89-97. 2005..This article reviews the impact of EGF receptor inhibitors on improving survival in CRC when combined with oxaliplatin-containing regimens...
- DNA mismatch repair status and colon cancer recurrence and survival in clinical trials of 5-fluorouracil-based adjuvant therapyFrank A Sinicrope
Division of Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:863-75. 2011..We determined the association of MMR status with colon cancer recurrence and examined the impact of 5-fluorouracil (FU)-based adjuvant therapy on recurrence variables...
- Retransplantation for donor-derived neuroendocrine tumorRehana Begum
Department of Transplant, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Liver Transpl 17:83-7. 2011..The high grade nature of the NET was the most important determinant of prognosis in this case. Our experience suggests that retransplantation for donor-derived NET should only be considered when tumor biology is favorable...
- Impact of neoadjuvant chemoradiation on the tumor burden before liver transplantation for unresectable cholangiocarcinomaChakri Panjala
Divisions of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Liver Transpl 18:594-601. 2012..More effective chemoradiation regimens for reducing the tumor burden and the appropriate timing of LT after neoadjuvant chemoradiation require further research...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy and chemotherapy for pancreatic carcinoma: the Mayo Clinic experience (1975-2005)Michele M Corsini
Department of Radiation Oncology the Division of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3511-6. 2008..To determine prognostic factors and impact of adjuvant chemotherapy (CT) and radiotherapy (RT) on overall survival (OS) after resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma...
- North Central Cancer Treatment Group phase II study of panitumumab (Pmab), chemotherapy, and external beam radiation (Chemo-RT) in patients with locally advanced (LA) pancreatic cancerGeorge P Kim
North Central Cancer Treatment Group, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Sanford Clinic North Bemidgi, Bemidji, MN Cancer Center of Kansas, Wichita, KS Iowa Oncology Research Association, Des Moines, IA Metro Minnesota Community Clinical Oncology Project, St Louis Park, MN Roger Maris Cancer Center, Fargo, ND Grand Rapids Clinical Oncology Program, Grand Rapids, MI St Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
J Clin Oncol 30:271. 2012..A trial to evaluate the incorporation of Pmab into a conventional multimodality regimen and continuation as maintenance therapy was conducted in pts with LA disease...
- Pemetrexed and oxaliplatin for metastatic colorectal cancer: results of a phase I Mayo Cancer Center Research Consortium trial, MC0248Steven R Alberts
Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 6:572-7. 2007..A phase I trial was performed to establish the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of pemetrexed and oxaliplatin when B(12) and folate supplementation is used...
- Evaluation of shark cartilage in patients with advanced cancer: a North Central Cancer Treatment Group trialCharles L Loprinzi
Department of Oncology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 56301, USA
Cancer 104:176-82. 2005..Secondary research goals were to evaluate toxicities, tolerability, and quality of life associated with this shark cartilage product...
- Phase II trial of gemcitabine and tanespimycin (17AAG) in metastatic pancreatic cancer: a Mayo Clinic Phase II Consortium studyKatrina S Pedersen
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Invest New Drugs 33:963-8. 2015..This phase II trial was designed to determine whether 17AAG could enhance the clinical activity of gemcitabine through degradation of Chk1 in patients with stage IV pancreatic cancer...
- Complications after 90Y microsphere radioembolization for unresectable hepatic tumors: An evaluation of 112 patientsJENNIFER L PETERSON
Department of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, FL Electronic address
Brachytherapy 12:573-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to estimate the incidence of complications after (90)Y microsphere radioembolization for unresectable hepatic tumors and evaluate risk factors for late complications...
- Obesity adversely affects survival in pancreatic cancer patientsRobert R McWilliams
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 116:5054-62. 2010..The authors assessed the association of BMI with survival in a sample of pancreatic cancer patients and used epidemiologic and clinical information to understand the contribution of diabetes and hyperglycemia...
- Comparative economics of a 12-gene assay for predicting risk of recurrence in stage II colon cancerSteven R Alberts
Mayo Clinic, 1216 2nd St SW, Rochester, MN, 55902, USA
Pharmacoeconomics 32:1231-43. 2014..This study assessed the validity of those findings with real-world adjuvant chemotherapy (aCT) recommendations from the US third-party payer perspective...
- Gemcitabine and docetaxel for hepatocellular carcinoma: a phase II North Central Cancer Treatment Group clinical trialSteven R Alberts
Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 35:418-23. 2012..Few effective options are available for the treatment of unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Several phase I trials suggest promising activity of a combination of gemcitabine and docetaxel...