Genomes and Genes
Richard W Joseph
Affiliation: Mayo Clinic
- Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Subtypes Identified by BAP1 and PBRM1 ExpressionRichard W Joseph
Division of Medical Oncology, Departments of Health Sciences Research and Medicine and Division of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida Department of Pathology, Kidney Cancer Program, Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine and Department of Developmental Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona Electronic address
J Urol 195:180-7. 2016..We sought to determine the prognostic significance of PBRM1 and BAP1 expression in clear cell renal cell carcinoma...
- Lichenoid dermatitis in three patients with metastatic melanoma treated with anti-PD-1 therapyRichard W Joseph
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
Cancer Immunol Res 3:18-22. 2015..The rashes in all three patients were relatively mild, allowing treatment to continue despite the rashes...
- Correlation of NRAS mutations with clinical response to high-dose IL-2 in patients with advanced melanomaRichard W Joseph
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Immunother 35:66-72. 2012..56 vs. 1.97 y, P<0.0001), and trended toward a decreased response rate (7% vs. 21%, P=0.08). NRAS mutational status is a new candidate biomarkers for selecting patients with melanoma for HD IL-2 treatment...
- Loss of BAP1 protein expression is an independent marker of poor prognosis in patients with low-risk clear cell renal cell carcinomaRichard W Joseph
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida
Cancer 120:1059-67. 2014..In this study, we used a highly sensitive and specific immunohistochemistry (IHC) assay to test whether BAP1 expression is an independent marker of ccRCC-specific survival, particularly in patients with low-risk disease...
- Loss of PBRM1 and BAP1 expression is less common in non-clear cell renal cell carcinoma than in clear cell renal cell carcinomaThai H Ho
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ Epigenomics Program, Center for Individualized Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Electronic address
Urol Oncol 33:23.e9-14. 2015..We evaluated loss of PBRM1 and BAP1 staining in ccRCC, papillary RCC (pRCC), chromophobe RCC (chRCC), and RO tumors using an immunohistochemistry assay in which negative staining was associated with loss-of-function mutations...
- Clear Cell Type A and B Molecular Subtypes in Metastatic Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma: Tumor Heterogeneity and AggressivenessDaniel J Serie
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Eur Urol . 2016..Intratumor molecular heterogeneity has been reported for primary clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC) tumors; however, heterogeneity in metastatic ccRCC tumors has not been explored...
- Loss of histone H3 lysine 36 trimethylation is associated with an increased risk of renal cell carcinoma-specific deathThai H Ho
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Mod Pathol 29:34-42. 2016..This association remains significant after stratifying for the SSIGN score, particularly among those patients with low-risk tumors. ..
- NRAS mutation status is an independent prognostic factor in metastatic melanomaJohn A Jakob
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 118:4014-23. 2012....
- Somatic expression of ENRAGE is associated with obesity status among patients with clear cell renal cell carcinomaJeanette E Eckel-Passow
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Carcinogenesis 35:822-7. 2014..Upregulation of ENRAGE could lead to local, autocrine stimulation of the RAGE receptor and thus support cancer progression. ..
- Characterizing the clinical benefit of ipilimumab in patients who progressed on high-dose IL-2Richard W Joseph
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
J Immunother 35:711-5. 2012..Prospective trials of HD IL-2 followed by ipilimumab could potentially identify patients most likely to benefit from a sequential approach of HD IL-2 followed by ipilimumab...
- Age-period-cohort analysis of renal cell carcinoma in United States adultsMark D Tyson
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Urology 82:43-7. 2013..To determine the extent to which the year of diagnosis, year of birth, and age at diagnosis influence the incidence trends of kidney cancer in the United States...
- Assessing the clinical use of clear cell renal cell carcinoma molecular subtypes identified by RNA expression analysisJeanette E Eckel-Passow
Department of Health Sciences Researches, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Urol Oncol 33:68.e17-23. 2015....
- Higher expression of topoisomerase II alpha is an independent marker of increased risk of cancer-specific death in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinomaAlexander S Parker
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA Electronic address
Eur Urol 66:929-35. 2014..Type IIa topoisomerase (TOPOIIa) is a well-known biomarker of DNA replication and a target for antineoplastic agents, but it has not been evaluated as a biomarker of ccRCC outcome...
- A Study of Combination Bicalutamide and Raloxifene for Patients With Castration-Resistant Prostate CancerThai H Ho
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Phoenix, AZ
Clin Genitourin Cancer . 2016..However, no studies have examined the safety of the combination of bicalutamide plus raloxifene for CRPC. Therefore, we investigated the safety of treatment with bicalutamide plus raloxifene in patients with CRPC in an initial study...
- Treatment of in-transit and metastatic melanoma in two patients treated with ipilimumab and topical imiquimodRichard W Joseph
aDivision of Medical Oncology Departments of bDermatology cRadiation Oncology dGeneral Surgery, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Melanoma Res 26:409-12. 2016..These cases provide a proof of principle of the possibility of the combination of toll-like receptor 7 agonists with immune checkpoint blockade inhibitors. ..
- ANKS1B is a smoking-related molecular alteration in clear cell renal cell carcinomaJeanette E Eckel-Passow
Department of Health Sciences Research, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
BMC Urol 14:14. 2014..We used a multi-stage design to identify and validate genes that are associated with smoking-related ccRCC...
- Therapy for metastatic melanoma: the past, present, and futureLaura Finn
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
BMC Med 10:23. 2012..In this review we will discuss the advantages and limitations of the two new approved agents, current clinical trials designed to overcome these limitations, and future clinical trials that we feel hold the most promise...
- A randomized phase II study of cilengitide (EMD 121974) in patients with metastatic melanomaKevin B Kim
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Melanoma Res 22:294-301. 2012..05). Cilengitide was well tolerated by patients in both the treatment arms but had minimal clinical efficacy as a single-agent therapy for metastatic melanoma, and the efficacy was not related to baseline αvβ3 expression...
- c-MET expression in primary and liver metastases in uveal melanomaFaithlore P Gardner
aDivision of Hematology Oncology bDepartment of Biomedical Informatics and Biostatics cDepartment of Pathology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, Florida dDepartment of Pathology eDepartment of Medical Oncology fDepartment of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN, USA
Melanoma Res 24:617-20. 2014..Metastatic lesions have higher expression of c-MET expression than primary tumors. Clinical trials involving c-MET inhibitors deserve further study in patients with uveal melanoma in both the adjuvant and metastatic setting. ..
- Ultrathin primary is a marker for worse prognosis in lymph node-positive cutaneous melanomaSanjay P Bagaria
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic Florida, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Cancer 119:1860-7. 2013..The authors hypothesized that ultrathin melanomas that present with lymph node metastasis represent biologically aggressive lesions with a worse prognosis...
- Evaluation of the association of prostate cancer-specific anxiety with sexual function, depression and cancer aggressiveness in men 1 year following surgical treatment for localized prostate cancerAndrea M Tavlarides
Department of Health Science Research, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Psychooncology 22:1328-35. 2013..Herein, we examine the association of CSA with psychosocial factors and PCa aggressiveness in a cohort of men 1 year after prostatectomy for localized PCa...
- PD-1 and PD-L1 Expression in Renal Cell Carcinoma with Sarcomatoid DifferentiationRichard W Joseph
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
Cancer Immunol Res 3:1303-7. 2015....
- Negative Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Merkel Cell Carcinoma is Associated with a Low Risk of Same-Nodal-Basin RecurrencesTravis E Grotz
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 22:4060-6. 2015..Controversy exists regarding the predictive ability of a negative sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) and the use of adjuvant radiation in Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC)...
- Impact of clinical and pathologic features on tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte expansion from surgically excised melanoma metastases for adoptive T-cell therapyRichard W Joseph
Department of Melanoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:4882-91. 2011..However, little is known how clinical and pathologic features impact TIL outgrowth isolated from metastatic melanoma tumors...